Bully dog watch dog - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 05:39 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bully dog watch dog

Is anyone using a one of these? I was looking at getting one of these.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2013, 06:54 PM
Bump To Pass!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I had a GT tuner for a while and loved the display set up. I am actually thinking about getting rid of the gauges and going to a watchdog.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Edge CTS FTW.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

If you are looking for a monitor/programmer check out our Infinity. It has many more features than any of the other monitors on the market, including the ability to monitor Ford enhanced data, and run engine specific diagnostic tests. It can also hold an unlimited amount of custom tunes, media, datalogs, themes, etc. because it utilizes an external SD memory card that can be removed/replaced instead of having a limited internal memory. If you would like, check it out HERE.

Let me know if you have any questions about it.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Justin, define custom tunes? yours only AKA Edge or is there an ETA on when they will alllow 3rd party tuners to write tunes to this device?

We're in for 2 if you can make that happen, if not then well we're out. There's more of us out here running true custom tunes than vanilla boxed versions.

Denny
Old 03-25-2013, 06:56 AM
Bump To Pass!!

Re: Bully dog watch dog

I have done a good amount of research on dp and think I might make the jump here. I like the abilities the infinity has. I would like to know the awnser to the custom tuning question asked above. I am sick of sct customer service. If this is a true custom tuner and all in one with better customer service I am in.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-25-2013, 10:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel angus View Post
Justin, define custom tunes? yours only AKA Edge or is there an ETA on when they will alllow 3rd party tuners to write tunes to this device?

We're in for 2 if you can make that happen, if not then well we're out. There's more of us out here running true custom tunes than vanilla boxed versions.

Denny
Custom tunes are tunes that are built for your truck and it's modifications. It is not a one size fits all tune that can be ran on every other truck. Another benefit that makes it "custom" is the ability for us to tweak the tune to your liking once you receive it, if you feel the need. We can adjust shift points, control ICP, etc... whereas with a canned tune from places such as Edge, Superchips, Bully Dog, etc., you are stuck with the tune you have. It cannot be adjusted or modified.

There is no ETA on when other tuners may be able to write tunes on this device because Drew Tech has only licensed us to put our tunes on it. This may or may not change in the future depending on what we are given the rights to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toren302 View Post
I have done a good amount of research on dp and think I might make the jump here. I like the abilities the infinity has. I would like to know the awnser to the custom tuning question asked above. I am sick of sct customer service. If this is a true custom tuner and all in one with better customer service I am in.

The Infinity is a true custom tuner. The tunes we write are classified as custom for the reasons I stated above. An adjustment of a tune is only an e-mail away.

Let me know if you have any questions at all about the Infinity. I would be happy to help you out.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:03 AM
Bump To Pass!!

Re: Bully dog watch dog

The only other question I have is what about egt and fuel pressure monitoring? Dose it have the ability to monitor fuel pressure with an add on sender? I know the watch dog can't so I was prepared to use it and the stand alone fuel pressure gauge.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by toren302 View Post
The only other question I have is what about egt and fuel pressure monitoring? Dose it have the ability to monitor fuel pressure with an add on sender? I know the watch dog can't so I was prepared to use it and the stand alone fuel pressure gauge.

Yes, the Infinity has room for two additional 0-5v sensor inputs. We already have the EGT probe and wiring available for it, and will be offering the fuel pressure sensor soon. We are also releasing a product that will enable the Infinity to have eight additional inputs instead of two. That product is in the final stages of testing and will be released shortly as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.