not happy with extreme street to smokey and to much timing - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 06:45 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
not happy with extreme street to smokey and to much timing

i was wondering if anyone has had the same concerns im haivng. my truck was totally stock with rcd egr delete and a diamond eye 4 inch turbo back exhaust. after talking to someone at innovative i was assured that the extreme street was safe for non studded trucks. so i bought it. i noticed that i was pushing 11-12 degrees of timing according to my livewire and it was extremely smokey and my transmission didnt shift very well either. I have since removed this tune and am now running matts srl and am much happier. but i was wanting to know if anyone else had this problem because i had heard lots of good things about erics tunes.
oh and my truck is a 2006 f350 srw single cab xl 4x4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2013, 07:11 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
not happy with extreme street to smokey and to much timing

Did you contact Innovative to have the tune re-written to your liking??

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-15-2013, 07:16 AM

No because they were going to charge me 50$ to rewrite the tune and when I ordered the tune I asked them to please keep smoke to a minimum and not a lot of timing.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:14 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

That's surprising. They've always worked with me. I love Eric's tunes.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:03 AM

With my old injectors that had issues I have a good bit of smoke on X-st. Also I find the newer inferred strats run cleaner than the non-inferred strats. I'm not sure what be programmed you for but something to think about.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the06wildebeast View Post
That's surprising. They've always worked with me. I love Eric's tunes.
I had heard nothing but good things from people that had them but I was just disappointed. How many degrees of timing do you see?
Old 03-15-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by U235a4 View Post
With my old injectors that had issues I have a good bit of smoke on X-st. Also I find the newer inferred strats run cleaner than the non-inferred strats. I'm not sure what be programmed you for but something to think about.
What do you mean by inferred strats? The truck was completely updated when I took it in for some work even though I told them not to update it
Old 03-15-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypowerstroke21 View Post
What do you mean by inferred strats? The truck was completely updated when I took it in for some work even though I told them not to update it
when you your truck is stock do you know what your strat is? also when you tuned it with either Erics or Matts have you checked what your strat is with that tune loaded.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:41 AM

I ran Eric's Xstreet on my truck before the studs were put in and loved it. Not much smoke at all. Now with studs I'm running his Xrace tweaked a bit for a little more boost and still not a ton of smoke. Only puffs when you really load it up, just runs like a scalded ape. And I will say, Innovative has been awesome to work with. Great customer service and fast replies anytime I've emailed Eric. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, I'm surprised to hear that.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypowerstroke21 View Post
i was wondering if anyone has had the same concerns im haivng. my truck was totally stock with rcd egr delete and a diamond eye 4 inch turbo back exhaust. after talking to someone at innovative i was assured that the extreme street was safe for non studded trucks. so i bought it. i noticed that i was pushing 11-12 degrees of timing according to my livewire and it was extremely smokey and my transmission didnt shift very well either. I have since removed this tune and am now running matts srl and am much happier. but i was wanting to know if anyone else had this problem because i had heard lots of good things about erics tunes.
oh and my truck is a 2006 f350 srw single cab xl 4x4
We've run the same style tuning on the tunes since 2003, when we released them. It's definitely safe for the truck and shifts should be dead on. I'd have to check out the tune, it could be a corruption issue, strategy issue, etc.

The Xtreme Street is usually clean and it's built for great power safely. Timing, injection pressure, etc. will change depending on conditions, boost, load, etc. Cylinder pressure is the enemy of stock gaskets and there's a variety of parameters that affect it.

We'll be glad to adjust your tuning to meet your needs. That's what we're here for, if there's an issue, we support it. We've been doing this for 12 years and don't plan on going anywhere. Send us an email or give us a call.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.