Tuner Question for stock 6.0 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 05:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tuner Question for stock 6.0

I'm thinking about getting the IDP Custom 6.0L and 7.3L Pre-Programmed SCT Handheld Innovative Diesel 3015-ID Custom Pre-Programmed SCT Handheld. Can my truck handle this as is? I have an 07 6.0 F350 stock except for 4.56 gearing, Banks intake, and exhaust work. I don't want to mess anything up. This is my first Diesel. Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2013, 05:40 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
just dont run the hottest tune. call innovative and ask them about the tune with the gears or if they need to write you a different one.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I say yes, go for it. Your truck is close to the same as mine. IDP Extreme Street is the perfect tune for your truck. Just be aware that blown head gaskets are a known issue on stock or tuned trucks and extreme driving will increase your risk. I have been running IDP's Extreme Street for a few years now. I don't drive really hard, but I do try to stand on it at least once a week because I have heard that it is good for the engine. Only tow with the tow tune. Just start collecting the Bullet Proofing parts like Studs, Head Gaskets, Oil Cooler, and EGR Delete as they can go at anytime tuned or not. You will LOVE the Extreme Street Tune and be able to adjust for your gearing. Also if this is your first Diesel, be sure to run Opti-Lube XPD in your fuel and stay on top of your oil and filter changes as these are critical. You will learn a lot on this forum. Get tuned and you will be glad you did.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to kendallcschm
There are lower cylinder pressure "non-studded tunes" and just run a cooler tune, it's good you have exhaust work done to keep those egts down! The mods you have will fair you well, may I recommend I coolant filter and and elc/ec-1 rated coolant and a monitor will be important with a tune, I'd get an sct live wire ts
Old 03-12-2013, 06:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the help guys. I contacted IDP and here was their response:

"Yes but the top power tune the Anarchy Race is a little too much for a
stock truck...run the Performance Street or one of the lower powered
tunes as your daily driver....Performance Street...driven normal would
be the best for fuel mileage..

Hope this helps

IDP Sales"
Old 03-12-2013, 08:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I still suggest Extreme Street over Performance Street. Extreme Street is what the majority of the 6.0 guys on here voted to be the best tune for the stock 6.0. It feels plenty safe to me as a daily driver and the shifting parameters are well laid out. I have 6 different tunes and Extreme Street and Tow are the only two that I use anymore. I have been running it for around three years and I love it. I know that my gaskets may fail at anytime, but I have not installed my ARP Studs yet. I don't know how old you are or how you drive, but I think normal driving is plenty safe it is just when you are really standing on it that the cylinder pressures become too much. If you drive hard all of the time or want a little extra sercurity go with the Performance Street, but I don't think there is really that much difference between them. Extreme Street has been used for many years and has evolved into the perfect tune in my openion for the stock 6.0.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

And Extreme Street is different than Anarchy Race too?
Does the Extreme Street help with turbo lag?
I'm 36. For the most part, I drive normally, but I like to act up and show the little ricers with their fart cans what a big diesel can do once in a while.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just FYI, I also asked IDP about the Extreme Street tune, here is their response

"The Xtreme Street is the same as our Street performance on the 3015ID..
Same tune but just different name for that device.. Yes that is a really
great tune to run every day best one we recommend for daily driving even
on non studded trucks...."
Old 03-12-2013, 10:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Okay, good to know. Yes, the tune will completely change the way your truck runs. I am 34 so we probably drive alike. To be honest, when I first loaded the truck and made a lap around the block it seemed like way too much. I almost de-tuned it right away, but after a very short period of time I fell in love.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

This tune has given my truck all of the power I need. Think about putting down over 700 ft/lb of torque! A gas motor would have to have about 800 hp. to do that. The tune will feel like night and day difference, like you have a different motor. Let me know when you follow through. I would love to hear your initial response. I know that you will be smiling from ear to ear!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.