SCT SF3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 11:45 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy SCT SF3

Well, a week or so ago I purchased an SCT SF3 programmer. I installed the lowest pre-installed tune that came on it (as my truck is completely stock). WOW what a difference! After reading a bunch of posts and feedback on here I spoke with Matt at Gear Head and ordered his custom tunes for a stock 6.0.

So this morning I went out to the truck and returned her to stock, went back inside and loaded Matt's custom tunes onto the tuner. I then went back out to the truck to install his SRL file. Now, I'm getting anxious, drooling and twitching a little bit because of all I've read and what not. Then the unthinkable happens, the totally bizarre, the just my dang luck, Mr. Murphy prevails once again. The stupid 'select' button on the programmer decides it don't want to work any more.

I mope back into the house and call SCT and am relieved to talk to someone in about 10 minutes. They do the remote thing with no luck. So, I had to drive to work with no tune on the truck and will have to drive this way for a week or two now. I called them back a little while ago and they gave me a RMA# which they then 'upgraded' to a priority RMA#. Great customer service so far!

So, if your in Michigan during the next couple weeks and you see a red F350 Crew Cab long bed that you can easily pass, it's me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Will they send you a new unit ?

I hope to not have trouble, i ordered my livewire 2d
Old 03-11-2013, 01:50 PM

No to the new unit. They said they would repair the one I have.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

You have had it for a week and SCT won't send you a replacement for their defective chit.
That's first class....
Old 03-12-2013, 05:10 AM
Premium Member

If the select button or the attachment on the circuit board let go it is an easy fix. He would never even know it was fixed. As well, to send a new unit after inspecting the old one doesn't really save any time and the custom tune is locked to the SF3 that he has. if they find a larger problem, I am sure they will take care of him, barring him running it over or using it as a door stop!
Old 03-24-2013, 04:03 PM

Got the tuner back yesterday. It took me a few days to mail it in because of work. They received it on a Saturday and shipped it back on a Tuesday. It's all repaired and I reloaded Matt's custom tunes from Gearhead and am running his SRL. I like it much better than the canned tune from SCT! Shifts much better, runs like a raped ape. Now to just learn to not mash the skinny pedal all the time?
Old 03-24-2013, 04:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Glad they took care of you. Can't wait to at least get a basic tune for my truck...motor is all stock. I need a new oil cooler though (30* deltas on the highway, lol) so that has to be done before the fun stuff...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.