custom studded tunes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
custom studded tunes

i just made the call for a studded tune from matt @ gearhead i chose the srl++ . i am just wondering for those who have or are running this tune on an otherwise stock 6.0l how do you all like it , hows shifting ? i did some sesearch and most seem to like his tunning in general but have not read much about the ++ any thoughts would be great
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 03:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have been running the SRLXX tune for a month and a half and really like it. I like the way Matt does the shifting. It has a lot of power and has minimal smoke. I was having some power issues on the top end, but found out my fuel pressure is dropping below 30PSI and WOT. Out of all the tunes I've tried I have found the Matt's tunes fit my truck and driving style the best. You'll enjoy it..
Old 03-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Premium Member

nice i am looking foward to getting it . why was your fuel pressure dropping ? did you have a blue spring in there?
Old 03-08-2013, 04:32 PM

I do have the blue spring. The pump has 140k+ on it and I'm sure the SRLXX requires every bit of fuel the injectors can push out. I just recently got my fuel pressure gauge installed so who knows if my non-studded tunes have been dropping the fuel pressure as well. Hopefully with the new pump I will see a little stronger top end.. Let me know how you like the tune when you get it.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:46 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Re: custom studded tunes

I had that tune from Matt and it was not my DD. It did not fit my truck and my driving style. My DD tune was TSD's Super Panty Dropper it is a tune for all out power. Up to 110 mph it was a beast. If I needed to go over 110 I would load Vivian's Looney tune it pulled evenly (but not as hard as the SPD) for as long as you wanted it too.

What tune someone else likes might not be the tune that you and your truck like. The same tune will vary from truck to truck. You can take the same exact tune on 10 trucks and 8 of them are going to act completely different than the other two. The only way to find the tune that you and your truck like the best is to try them all. They are not very expensive and it is a lot of fun to play with all of the tunes out there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-08-2013, 04:57 PM

[QUOTE=thomaslord84;4414066]What tune someone else likes might not be the tune that you and your truck like. The same tune will vary from truck to truck. You can take the same exact tune on 10 trucks and 8 of them are going to act completely different than the other two. The only way to find the tune that you and your truck like the best is to try them all. They are not very expensive and it is a lot of fun to play with all of the tunes out there.

True statement. But buying a ton of different tunes is like having a ton of different trucks.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:35 AM
Premium Member

ok guys i got the srlxx from matt loaded to my 06 6.0l and i am loving the tune so far . the shifting is great just what i was looking for in regards to shifting , the power is there also . it was just loaded today so ill have to give it some time to learn the truck .the powerband is smooth , no light switch effect at all, there is one thing that kinda bothers me about the tune and mabey yall can shed some light on it for me. with my other tunes looney and h&s when in park or neutral and i give it a littlle shot of fuel it revs up and when i take my foot off the pedal it stops right away . but with stock tuning or this srlxx it lingers a bit and dies down . . its hard to explaine. is there a way to fix this or does any one even know what i am talking about ? i just like how it sounds with out the linger . any one understand what i am trying to say ....thanks for the help and thank you matt for a great tune
Old 03-12-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotibbo View Post
ok guys i got the srlxx from matt loaded to my 06 6.0l and i am loving the tune so far . the shifting is great just what i was looking for in regards to shifting , the power is there also . it was just loaded today so ill have to give it some time to learn the truck .the powerband is smooth , no light switch effect at all, there is one thing that kinda bothers me about the tune and mabey yall can shed some light on it for me. with my other tunes looney and h&s when in park or neutral and i give it a littlle shot of fuel it revs up and when i take my foot off the pedal it stops right away . but with stock tuning or this srlxx it lingers a bit and dies down . . its hard to explaine. is there a way to fix this or does any one even know what i am talking about ? i just like how it sounds with out the linger . any one understand what i am trying to say ....thanks for the help and thank you matt for a great tune
What are you seeing for boost?
Old 03-12-2013, 11:21 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeshu1000 View Post
What are you seeing for boost?
with my looney file i was seeing as high as 33 and it leveled out at 29 30 . now with the srlxx i see as high as 28 and levels out 25 26 .how about you
Old 03-13-2013, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotibbo View Post
with my looney file i was seeing as high as 33 and it leveled out at 29 30 . now with the srlxx i see as high as 28 and levels out 25 26 .how about you
I can see 30PSI if the TQ is locked and I ease into it. If I stomp on it, it will level out at about 20PSI. Although, I am having fuel pressure issues right now and will be replacing the HFCM this week, hopefully it will get better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.