Jared is not happy with Vivian - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 05:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Jared is not happy with Vivian

Good Morning,

I had to go to sleep last night. I was tired. I don't want to continue discussing why Jared is so unhappy with me in Tony's thread but I prefer to bring it out in the open then have him tearing me up behind my back and I do need to reply to his questions. I copied the posts from my email to here and wrote my responses in red.

Thanks,
Vivian

---Quote (Originally by MOMBENZ)---
That's exactly the approach that got us here.

Jared, I don't have anything to hide. I believe wholeheartedly in customer service and I try my best to make everyone happy. I know I'm not a $100 bill and can never make everyone happy. I don't expect my tunes will be perfect on every truck but I make an effort anyway. There are many things out of my control since most of my tuning is done long distance. You know you had a problem with your transmission before you ever loaded a tune. I can do many things with tuning but I can't fix broken. There is no way loading a tune within a 24 hour period will break your transmission. Still, you accused me. When your icp was broken and the Looney would not start your truck, you accused me. You lied in your last email to me where you said you called me from the side of the road with your daughter in the car, out in the middle of nowhere. You obviously did not remember that you emailed me about 10 paragraphs telling me the problem was my tune because your truck did not start an
d I called you on a Saturday afternoon at 4 PM, after reading your email and spoke with you for nearly an hour. I tried to explain that to you but you were arrogant and insulting. I don't deserve that and I won't take it.

Still, I offered to have someone come to you to diagnose the issues with your truck but you chose to post here instead.

If you thought you were going to hide behind Tony's thread, I believe Tony is my friend and I wish him the best. I apologize for any disrespect but somethings cannot be ignored.

Thanks,
Vivian
---End Quote---
Like I said, make this your three ring circus if you like.

I didn't start this Jared. You should have started a new thread to tell everyone how unhappy you are with me, but instead you chose to attack me flinging remarks about your tuner and "she" in a thread that has nothing to do with me. You call it your experience with me but there are three sides to every story.

Anyone who wants the actual emails go ahead and pm me, I'll gladly forward what was and was not said, and let you make your own inferences. I did not intend to bring drama to this thread. If I was rude in my last email or two it was to match the tone of the emails I received from you. Try to paint me as hostile (which I was called in an email) or insulting if you'd like...those who know me (or who've read the emails, which to date is just me and you to my knowledge, for the record) would attest that these characteristics arent like me at all. In fact I will pay you to show me where I was hostile...in the least.

How do we know the emails your forwarding haven't been altered? You insist on keeping this a backdoor issue while attacking me in private.

Not hiding behind Tony's thread. Just trying to be curious for the op. If youd like we can gladly start out own thread where we can each repeat everything we said in email as you've done here.

So,which is it Vivian...here in front of the world, does the 5r110 transmission have 5 or 6 gears? (Forward ratios) please don't do yourself the disservice of backtracking to say anything contrary to what you so adamantly told me was 5 forward ratios in the transmission.

It is a Torqshift 5-speed, thus the 5R110. The 4th gear is not used during normal driving conditions and as I explained to you several times, from a tuning perspective it is non-existent. I already asked you to agree to disagree on the subject. I'm surprised you didn't bring up our other disagreement where you felt I did not know what I was talking about when you said the icp has nothing to do with the injectors and I again disagreed. Or when you said the direct drive solenoid is just an epc that you can buy at Ford. That is not correct either. I suppose if I had agreed with you on everything, we would still be friends.

I'm not mad...there was never any irate phone calls or anything...I'm just done. I don't want some huge argument, I don't care about it enough to argue with everyone who has had good luck with a Looney tune. Vivian and I have already concluded that there is no more need for us to communicate...or at least I have, I simply posted my experience with 'a tuner' I didn't wish to bring the details of our issues here, though I gladly will show anyone who wants to see the way she treats her customers. I've never spent so much somewhere to be treated like this.

I agree. I was not very nice to you in our last communications but after your first email on Saturday, January 26 at 4:59 PM, I called you to discuss your trucks' issues and all you wanted was to argue about whether the truck had a 4th gear. All my calls are logged and I can show that I did call you that afternoon after reading your email. Your last email stated that you called me while standing on the side of the road. That is not true.

Mind you, I sold a programmer to you in October and the day after you loaded the Looney you ordered a direct drive solenoid then didn't install it and probably still have not.You chose to run your truck stock with larger injectors, no turbo and the regulator full blast. Based on our communications you ran the Looney for about one week in a 3-4 month period because your transmission was bad. Then, you had a bad icp sensor and the truck would not start with the Looney so it had to be the tune. Again, I have no control over the installation, maintenance or use of your truck with the products you purchase from me or others.

I would love to ask a reputable tech to diagnose your truck and get you going right and I offered to do so. Your response to me was that you were done with me so I didn't bother to answer your last email.

Last edited by MOMBENZ; 03-08-2013 at 06:18 AM.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 06:06 AM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Hmmmmm... interesting.

I don't know all the details, but I have a very hard time believing that Vivian was unwilling to help out and that her customer service sucks. I personally dealt with Vivian to get tunes for the 6.0 at work after we installed an MTW stage 1. I was having a few issues with the tune and the truck, so I contacted her many times to try to dial the tune in for the truck and she went above and beyond to help me and get things squared away. She contacted me via emails and phone calls, hell she even called me out of the blue to see how things were working, which I have never experienced with other tuners or vendors. I was blown away by her customer service and dedication to her customers and the tunes she provides them.

I still have yet to see how the truck really likes the Looney or tow tunes since not long after the last time we talked and I installed the tune the truck went down. We thought we might have been having a HP oil issue before we installed the turbo and tunes, which was confirmed when the truck died on us and we had to take it back to the shop and diagnose it. It turned out the ICP, IPR, and HPOP took a crap. Maybe I should blame Vivian for the truck breaking down.... errr.... WRONG!!!

We have all the parts to fix it now and then I will finally be able to really test the tunes out and if something isn't right, I am very confident that she will help me out as much as she did before.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK VIVIAN!!!!!

Last edited by Rattlesnake18; 03-08-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:09 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Old 03-08-2013, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake18 View Post
Hmmmmm... interesting.

I don't know all the details, but I have a very hard time believing that Vivian was unwilling to help out and that her customer service sucks. I personally dealt with Vivian to get tunes for the 6.0 at work after we installed an MTW stage 1. I was having a few issues with the tune and the truck, so I contacted her many times to try to dial the tune in or the truck and she went above and beyond to help me and get things squared away. She contacted me via emails and phone calls, hell she even called me out of the blue to see how things were working, which I have never experienced with other tuners or vendors. I was blown away by her customer service and dedication to her customers and the tunes she provides them.

I still have yet to see how the truck really likes the Looney or tow tunes since not lot after the last time we talked and I installed the tune the truck went down. We thought we might have been having a HP oil issue before we installed the turbo and tunes, which was confirmed when the truck died on us and we had to take it back to the shop and diagnose it. It turned out the ICP, IPR, and HPOP took a crap. Maybe I should blame Vivian for the truck breaking down.... errr.... WRONG!!!

We have all the parts to fix it now and then I will finally be able to really test the tunes out and if something isn't right, I a very confident that she will help me out as much as she did before.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK VIVIAN!!!!!
Thank You Jeff. Let me know when you are up and running and anything you need.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:15 AM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMBENZ View Post
Thank You Jeff. Let me know when you are up and running and anything you need.
You're welcome. I definitely will. I would have contacted you already to update you on the truck but we've been dead in the water.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:21 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Not for nothing but if a business owner goes out of their way to start a new thread, let alone send someone out to diagnose the truck its hard to argue that customer service is lacking. I don't know jarod, nor have I any experience in dealing with Vivian (drive a 7.3), but this seems pretty clear cut to me. Truck had previous issues, tune was loaded, truck is now broken. No need to drag a tuners name through the mud. Jarod if I'm wrong, sorry bud, thats just the way it seems from this information posted. Vivian, everything I have ever read about you has always been good, not once have I read anything bad. Hope you both get this worked out.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:25 AM

Thank You. Jared purchased several products from me and I am still willing to work with him.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I will just say there is not another single person i would let tune my truck other than Vivian. I have used other tunes on mine and i always run back to hers...lol. She has worked with me with all my tunes and even sent me a tune on a saturday that she wasnt working and had family things going on, yet she stated she ran into work to do a few things real quick and she sent me my tune! I think she goes above and beyond with customer service and that is why she will always have my business.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:29 AM

Thanks Tyler. I do appreciate you guys and I am not mean spirited but Jared knew how to push my buttons lol
Old 03-08-2013, 06:38 AM

Vivian's always been great to work with and talk to. She was the first custom tune I got for my truck way back when and now after all the parts and upgrades her tunes are the one I leave my truck on daily. She's always been prompt and more than willing to help answer questions or tweak my tunes. I have sent numerous people her way for tunes and NONE of them have came back to me unhappy. Keep up the good work Vivian.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.