Boost issues... Thoughts? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 09:29 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Boost issues... Thoughts?

Hi all! Kind of new around here, been looking around at some very interesting stuff though. Anyhow, I've been on power stroke nation a while and I'm not really finding a solution to my current issue. 2005 6.0 studded, deleted, 4" turbo back straight pipe, blue spring, metal cold side CAC, sinister elbow, SCT with tunes from IDP. Problem is that stock or running the tunes, the truck is not showing more than 22 lbs. Never has shown higher. It seems like that is very low for running hot tunes. Eric at innovative said its normal and boost is controlled by back pressure? Why are similar set ups making more boost? Am I making the boost and not seeing it? Factory gauge, watchdog, torque app, and scan gauge all max at 22lbs. Haven't put a mechanical on it yet, trying to figure out if it is gauge or part issue first. Any help or insight is appreciated. Thanks in advance, sorry for the long post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 12:16 AM
Premium Member

i am not sure why you only see 22 of boost but i have heard of others saying the same . with custon tunes stock turbo i see 32 max boost then it levels out at 30 . is the turbo old or mabey rusting inside causing vanes to stick?
Old 03-08-2013, 02:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Never ran Eric's tunes but with SRL I see spikes of 30+ and it levels to about 28-29. My wildman tune didn't get over 25, so I don't know. Have you ran any other tunes with different results? Might he a bad hose or vanes.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:40 AM

Studs and delete were done a week ago. The turbo was out and looked great. Vgt duty cycle is right where it should be. Truck seems to make way more power with either hot tune loaded compared to stock, yet either way... 22lbs. Its just weird.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:35 AM
Premium Member

well mabey it has something to do with the ebp , i no when i did studs mine was dirty and rusted
Old 03-08-2013, 06:54 AM

Hmm... Where can I find that at? I'm not sure if it was looked at when the truck was pulled apart. If it is dirty, can it be cleaned or does it just need to be replaced?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.