Fuel system help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 07:40 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel system help

Looking for some help. I am planning on getting a mtw stage 2 or 3 with a set of 190s. Just wondering what reg return, fass or airdog, and what sump. Thanks for the help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2013, 08:00 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Im looking into running the same set up, and have everything for my fuel system sitting here except my FassHD. I went with a sump from xdp, I ordered fuel lines, y-block and fittings from jegs, but they didn't have the 90*s for the front of the head so I got them from earls. I have a fuel lab 41402 for high pressure pump, I found the best price at autoplicity.com, shipping took forever though. And I have had my regulated return sitting here since october, if I remember correctly I got it from dozer diesel.

I am planning on ordering 190/100's from warren, and running the stage 2 for a while. I want a stage 3 bad with those injectors but probably gonna have to do a trans first.

Good luck!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:55 PM

That's the same problem I'm having with the turbos
Old 03-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sealeveloc View Post
Im looking into running the same set up, and have everything for my fuel system sitting here except my FassHD. I went with a sump from xdp, I ordered fuel lines, y-block and fittings from jegs, but they didn't have the 90*s for the front of the head so I got them from earls. I have a fuel lab 41402 for high pressure pump, I found the best price at autoplicity.com, shipping took forever though. And I have had my regulated return sitting here since october, if I remember correctly I got it from dozer diesel.

I am planning on ordering 190/100's from warren, and running the stage 2 for a while. I want a stage 3 bad with those injectors but probably gonna have to do a trans first.

Good luck!
I suspect you will totally disregard this and get the 100% nozzles anyway but IMO it is too much nozzle. Bill @PHP recommended that I run 190/30's with the stage 3. I will be running 200/75's with my stage 4. Everybody thinks they have to run 190/100's. Most of them have too much injector and have to pull fuel.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Premium Member

Fuel system help

I know Mitch I've read it in more than a few threads. I had thought about 75's but I guess there's something about the number 100! that just draws me to them. Lol I hope with tuning they will be controllable, as far as heat and smoke with the stage 2.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 03-08-2013, 07:53 PM

Does anybody else have any other good setups to reccomend?
Old 03-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

My plan is to make my p-max turbo into a hybrid with the new billet wheel and run 175/30 injects.. Under Mitch's guidance, it should be a great/fun driving truck with that set-up
Old 03-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
I suspect you will totally disregard this and get the 100% nozzles anyway but IMO it is too much nozzle. Bill @PHP recommended that I run 190/30's with the stage 3. I will be running 200/75's with my stage 4. Everybody thinks they have to run 190/100's. Most of them have too much injector and have to pull fuel.
I was talking with Sheldon on Tuesday about injectors and he mentioned either 175/30's and 190/75's as suitable for street driving and towing with decent mpg's and good egts while towing with a hybrid. I was considering the 190/75's with a stage 2. Maybe I should reconsider?
Old 03-14-2013, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadcoastie View Post
I was talking with Sheldon on Tuesday about injectors and he mentioned either 175/30's and 190/75's as suitable for street driving and towing with decent mpg's and good egts while towing with a hybrid. I was considering the 190/75's with a stage 2. Maybe I should reconsider?
I wouldn't go bigger than 190/30's myself Shack. That's what Bill at PHP recommended with my Stage3. And with a Stage2 I'd be more inclined to stick to 175/30's.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:39 PM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
I wouldn't go bigger than 190/30's myself Shack. That's what Bill at PHP recommended with my Stage3. And with a Stage2 I'd be more inclined to stick to 175/30's.
My plan is 175/30's since Jesse is sending me a second set when I get back due to the problems I have with my current ones. I was just discussing it with Sheldon as well and he suggested both the 175/30's and 190/75's. I even thought it was much but he's pretty knowledgable so the last thing I was gonna do was question him....lol....For my purposes, I'm sure the 175/30's will be more than enough and I'm sure the Stage 2 will clean them up well. At least that's what I'm hoping. I'm just ready to get home so I can get back to tinkering with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.