Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Saving stock file from SCT

13K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  villestrip 
#1 ·
So I read the sticky on how to save my stock file to my PC, but its not working. All it does is save the device files, doesn't save my stock file???
:doh:

#5 ·
Have you updated your software on your computer? If you do then once you hook the SCT up to your computer you just click the button "Download stock file to computer" and select the place you want to save it. I am trying to remember but i think the first time you hook your device up to the truck it gives you the option to save your stock file to the device. Once it does that just hook it up to the computer and go through the steps above.

#8 ·
Here is the file name from my stock file. XP0501101022F_20120818152356_Saved.bef

It is not a CEF file like the tunes you get from Matt or Vivian. If that is not saving it, you may need to talk to SCT and see if they know why. Also do not quote me on this but your stock file should be your stock file regardless of device. The tunes we get from Matt are written specifically for the device we are putting them on so they are not copied. Since it is just reading your stock programming I do not think it would lock it to the device that downloaded it. But, i may be wrong.

#9 ·
Yeah when that is the same file I get when I save the stock file. But on my last SCT it saved 3 files. One with my vin number followed by .sul. And 2 other files flash.lbu and stock.lbu. This one only gets the SCT serial number followed by .bef like you're talking about.

#10 ·
I wonder if hey changed the format on how they are saving the stock file now. I have never had to use the saved stock file so I don't know if it would work or not. When I flash back to stock I just use the file saved on the SCT.

#12 ·
I will hopefully find out soon. I sent an e-mail to SCT about the issue. I will re-post their reply.

#14 ·
Here is the response from the question I posted to SCT.

Nathan,
The format was changed. The stock and flash files are in the .bef file.

Thanks,
Dean J Cichanski
Tech Support
SCT Performance LLC.
4150 Church St.
Suite 1024
Sanford,FL 32771
866-637-1672

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2013 10:44 AM
To: SCT Technical Support
Subject: Stock file from SCT

I have a question for you about saving the stock file. I followed your recommendations on your website. It says it will save the file as "as Stock.lbu and Flash.lbu". When I went to check my stock file this is what it came up with " XP0501101022F_20120818152356_Saved.bef" Did they change the format or did it not save correctly?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.