Saving stock file from SCT - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Saving stock file from SCT

So I read the sticky on how to save my stock file to my PC, but its not working. All it does is save the device files, doesn't save my stock file???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2013, 04:36 PM

Any ideas anyone????
Old 03-07-2013, 06:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Did you load a tune in to your truck so it would have downloaded your stock tune in to the SCT when it replaced the one in the truck?

Lee
Old 03-07-2013, 07:57 PM

yeah but when I hook it up to the SCT updater to get the file, no file is there???
Old 03-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Have you updated your software on your computer? If you do then once you hook the SCT up to your computer you just click the button "Download stock file to computer" and select the place you want to save it. I am trying to remember but i think the first time you hook your device up to the truck it gives you the option to save your stock file to the device. Once it does that just hook it up to the computer and go through the steps above.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:02 PM

Yeah I updated it before I got the tunes. The stock file has to be on the sct cause I put it back to stock today. I did exactly what you described but it only saves the device info???
Old 03-07-2013, 08:28 PM

Also is the stock file like tune files, meaning are they serial specific?? Cause I do have a copy of my stock file from my old sct.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:02 AM
Emergency Services

Here is the file name from my stock file. XP0501101022F_20120818152356_Saved.bef

It is not a CEF file like the tunes you get from Matt or Vivian. If that is not saving it, you may need to talk to SCT and see if they know why. Also do not quote me on this but your stock file should be your stock file regardless of device. The tunes we get from Matt are written specifically for the device we are putting them on so they are not copied. Since it is just reading your stock programming I do not think it would lock it to the device that downloaded it. But, i may be wrong.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aretoo View Post
Here is the file name from my stock file. XP0501101022F_20120818152356_Saved.bef

It is not a CEF file like the tunes you get from Matt or Vivian. If that is not saving it, you may need to talk to SCT and see if they know why. Also do not quote me on this but your stock file should be your stock file regardless of device. The tunes we get from Matt are written specifically for the device we are putting them on so they are not copied. Since it is just reading your stock programming I do not think it would lock it to the device that downloaded it. But, i may be wrong.
Yeah when that is the same file I get when I save the stock file. But on my last SCT it saved 3 files. One with my vin number followed by .sul. And 2 other files flash.lbu and stock.lbu. This one only gets the SCT serial number followed by .bef like you're talking about.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:31 AM
Emergency Services

I wonder if hey changed the format on how they are saving the stock file now. I have never had to use the saved stock file so I don't know if it would work or not. When I flash back to stock I just use the file saved on the SCT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.