Billet Torque Converter - Buy one get one 50% off - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 08:55 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Billet Torque Converter - Buy one get one 50% off

So, I spoke with Gary, G2shuck, a few nights ago, very smart guy. He informed me that Patc has a deal where you buy one and get 50% off the second, or two for 25% off each. I need one...if anyone else is considering one let me know and maybe we can both save some money. I just called and spoke with PATC to get some info, they offer two converters for the 5r110, a billet and a non billet. The billet is what I'll be doing, it Costs $899 and is what jesse warren uses in his 850 HP sled pulling truck. The guy at patc said that warren orders a whole bunch of these, I've heard that's what his brother Andy uses in the transmissions they build. The stall is about 300 lower than stock...the stock stalls at about 2000 rpm and the patc will stall about 1650-1700 he said. Just throwing some info out there on the converter. Feel free to talk with patc directly for more info. 1-888-201-2066. They also have a regular non billet one for about 650 I think.

Like I said, I need one...if you need one too let me know, be a good chance to get a good converter for a discount. They're 900 each, but with 25% off it puts them at 675 each which is a killer deal and makes this a pretty affordable upgrade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 09:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
actually stock stall isn't 2000rpm. It's more in the 1800 range.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin6L View Post
actually stock stall isn't 2000rpm. It's more in the 1800 range.
That's what I thought too, but everyone, and I mean every converter shop I've spoken with said 2k. Honestky anything stock stall or lower is fine with me. I'm too worried about onenconvertee being 100 Rpm lower than the competition or not.

I do know for 675 these are killer converters...they're a good deal at 900 but crazy deal at 675. I had decided on a PI converter via bts but I cant argue with 675, I'm sure its a good converter, I mean sled pulling is hard as crap on parts...and warren has a ton of passes on his.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:48 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
actually andy doesnt use PATC anymore and jessie is switching to a PI converter in his truck. They either use a DPC converter or PI converter now
Old 03-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdunagan View Post
actually andy doesnt use PATC anymore and jessie is switching to a PI converter in his truck. They either use a DPC converter or PI converter now
Sweet did you wanna go in on a patc converter with me...didn't think so. Lol but thanks for sharing.

Yeah, warren said he just to try something else see how it worked. Andy had a dispute over shipping or something with patc and i think that had something to do with the switch. I know he has tons of pulls on his patc. I'm sure they're both good. If patc has changed anything with their converters I haven't seen it anywhere. I don't doubt the quality of patc or pi.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:42 PM

just wanted to set the record straight thats all. dont know how many people would be willing to jump on this. not to many people over here like patc but it is a sweet deal
Old 03-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Premium Member

Billet Torque Converter - Buy one get one 50% off

I may be interested depending on price..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 03-05-2013, 02:03 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

The price (as mentioned) is $675. It was kind of buried. It is a heck of a deal for sure and at least has held up in one truck really well. I will say that they look like quality pieces but I have no experience as to whether they are good or not. I know Gary will be running one here soon in his truck. So I guess we'll see.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdunagan View Post
that is false information and if you want the real information feel free to contact me... the new convertor that is being built for jesses pulling truck is not going to be PATC, PI, or DPC.... please know your facts before you post I tilk to jesse every single day and he is helping me get my 2.6 together
Old 03-05-2013, 02:08 PM
Premium Member

Patc is about 6 miles from my house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
patc, torque converter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.