MTW HYBRID CAST VS NEW BILLET WHEEL! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 08:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MTW HYBRID CAST VS NEW BILLET WHEEL!

ok guys adrian got the turbo sent out friday for us! been a 3 month wait but we know its gonna be worth it! it wasnt adrians fault btw. i told him to hold onto it until he got the billet wheel in but with some delay adrian and i had time to talk ALOT! anyways i told him that chris (TSD) and i are friends and if he wanted i would go down and do a before and after compairison for him between the 2 wheels. The goal from what i understand from adrian is that he wants the hybrid with his new wheel to clean up 175/75. well we have 175/75 in the truck and all the fuel mods to support and a fully built tranny also so my brother and i are set! the base numbers we got are 470hp with a stock tranny so when we get the turbo in we are going to drive it for a few days and then im going to go dyno the truck. my brother will be in NM hitting the slopes and i get to play with the 6.0 for a week so ill take it down to TSD and we will see what it hits with the cast wheel. Then when adrian sends us the billet wheel, well you guessed it we will throw it on and dyno it as well to see how much the turbo improved! we wont change anything but the wheel so it will be as good as it gets (we cant control mother nature) so anyways stay tuned as its gonna be fun!

also hoping that i dont have to mod my 6.4 now because i cant have the little bro beating me but hey we built his truck together and bonded big time over it so ill let him win for awhile!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 09:12 PM

This is going to be great. Lots of guys on here, including Adrian I assume, that are looking forward to knowing if this wheel is worth the switch. I have the original billet wheel in mine. I believe it's a gt40/88 batmowheel, so it won't be a totally viable comparison but it will still be interesting to see what you guys come up with. Thanks a bunch for putting this together for everyone, nice job.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Nice. I have the new billet wheel in my tweaked stage 1 and it's a monster.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:54 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdunagan View Post
ok guys adrian got the turbo sent out friday for us! been a 3 month wait but we know its gonna be worth it! it wasnt adrians fault btw. i told him to hold onto it until he got the billet wheel in but with some delay adrian and i had time to talk ALOT! anyways i told him that chris (TSD) and i are friends and if he wanted i would go down and do a before and after compairison for him between the 2 wheels. The goal from what i understand from adrian is that he wants the hybrid with his new wheel to clean up 175/75. well we have 175/75 in the truck and all the fuel mods to support and a fully built tranny also so my brother and i are set! the base numbers we got are 470hp with a stock tranny so when we get the turbo in we are going to drive it for a few days and then im going to go dyno the truck. my brother will be in NM hitting the slopes and i get to play with the 6.0 for a week so ill take it down to TSD and we will see what it hits with the cast wheel. Then when adrian sends us the billet wheel, well you guessed it we will throw it on and dyno it as well to see how much the turbo improved! we wont change anything but the wheel so it will be as good as it gets (we cant control mother nature) so anyways stay tuned as its gonna be fun!

also hoping that i dont have to mod my 6.4 now because i cant have the little bro beating me but hey we built his truck together and bonded big time over it so ill let him win for awhile!
I'm confused, so do you guys have a cast wheeled Hybrid or a cast wheeled Stage 1?? To my knowledge, Adrian doesn't regularly sell cast wheeled Hybrids (hence why I ask). I know Adrian is working on getting a new billet wheel for his Hybrid but so far it seems that all the talk has been about the billet Stage 1. Just curious. Either way though, I hope the turbo works out good for ya. Best of luck for sure.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrunner408 View Post
I'm confused, so do you guys have a cast wheeled Hybrid or a cast wheeled Stage 1?? To my knowledge, Adrian doesn't regularly sell cast wheeled Hybrids (hence why I ask). I know Adrian is working on getting a new billet wheel for his Hybrid but so far it seems that all the talk has been about the billet Stage 1. Just curious. Either way though, I hope the turbo works out good for ya. Best of luck for sure.
yea he is sending us a cast wheel hybrid. then as soon as the billet wheels for the hybrid are in he is going to send us one of those and we will throw it on the dyno and see what gains the new wheel brings
Old 03-04-2013, 08:02 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Sweet. Good deal man. Excited to hear the results.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:38 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Since Adrian is working on building me a Stage 4, when I get my truck back together here in a couple weeks; I'm going to try running my own version (with Adrian's help of course) of a Hybrid turbo (Hybrid on steroids ) with a billet wheel that I had made to my specs (different wheel than what Adrian had made up) and seeing if it will clean up my 190/100s. Trying for a 600+hp 65mm VGT turbo. Not making any claims/promises. Just seeing what can be made playing around with stuff.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:59 AM

Nate, maybe we should chat, I'm trying to set up a live tune session for my truck soon, maybe we could test your wheel against the batmowheel in mine?
Old 03-04-2013, 12:09 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
This is pure awesomness

I am at the exact same stage with the 175/75% with a CAST wheel hybrid turbo... It cleans up the fuel pretty well but I am very excited to see what happens with the new wheel and I guess i'll find out if I need it LOL.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six0~Stroker View Post
This is pure awesomness

I am at the exact same stage with the 175/75% with a CAST wheel hybrid turbo... It cleans up the fuel pretty well but I am very excited to see what happens with the new wheel and I guess i'll find out if I need it LOL.
thats the plan!!! if anyone i figured you would be the one to want to know the results the most!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.