Which Set up is Best - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 06:48 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Which Set up is Best

Hi guys,
I have an 05 6.0 6 speed. Already Running custom tunes from Eric. With an Exhaust and Intake.
I'm getting a Valair Dual Disk for it first of all. Also going to go ahead and get studs and an EGR delete. Now the hard part that i'm having is what route to go, I can't Decide if i want to run with a Powermax and stay with the stock injectors. Or i don't know if I should get 155 or 175 Injectors and run the Stock Charger until i can afford to get a bigger one, Powermax or an Elite Modified Powermax... Eventually i'm going to have both the turbo and injectors but for one lump some purchase i can only afford doing one of these right now.

Now the big questions, What set up is going to be the best for drivablity, meaning what is going to give me the best hp and be fun going down the road n rolling into it. Also what is going to be easier to do with the cab on the truck, Since i'm pulling the cab to do the studs i think it would be in my best interest to do what ever mod is harder with the cab on...

Also since i am looking into doing both mods at some point, What injectors should i go with 155- 175 or even 190? I see alot of people saying that going with 190 makes you EGT's hard to tow with. I don't tow much anyways so i'm not really that worried about it, but still i don't want to make it so i have to worry about EGT's if i do hook up to something heavy. Also at what point will i need a Fuel System? I'm going to be monitoring my Fuel Pres. and also installing a Blue Spring Kit during all of this..

So With all that being said i really would appreciate any and all help you guys can give me,
My goal is to hit that 500-550 hp mark at some point, And i'm sure with the right tuning that would be achievable.... So if you guys have any 500 HP or 550 HP proven set ups please let me know so that it might put in the right Direction!

Thanks in Advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 07:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

hit up william ace on here he might be able to help you since he has almost the same truck!
Old 03-03-2013, 07:46 PM

Will do, And i've Been doing some Research how good are the Mad Turbo Werks??? and does anyone have any info on what one is best The price of the Stage one is great but the Hybrid seems like it would be a sweet turbo so if anyone thinks these are better then the Powermax let me know.... Also which one are they reffering too as the Durastroke turbo?
Old 03-03-2013, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The Durastroke was a name used while developing the Stage 1 before Adrian actually formed MTW. For what you want I would go with 175/30's and a Stage 1 with the billet wheel. A stock fuel system will handle that ok. When you get into the 550 range thing start getting expensive.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:02 AM

I Called Adrian today and his turbos seem to be the best. He told me that probably the stage one with a billet wheel and 175 w/ Stock Nozzles will be good... My question is whats going to be a better bet the 175 or getting a 155/30 155/75. Any knowledge on injectors would be great as i guess I didn't realize there were this many options.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
The Durastroke was a name used while developing the Stage 1 before Adrian actually formed MTW. For what you want I would go with 175/30's and a Stage 1 with the billet wheel. A stock fuel system will handle that ok. When you get into the 550 range thing start getting expensive.
stock fuel system can handle 190's
from what i understand with the addition of a low pressure lift pump.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robs97z28 View Post
stock fuel system can handle 190's
from what i understand with the addition of a low pressure lift pump.
Then that kinda makes it not a stock fuel system anymore doesn't it, lol.

You could run 225's with a stock fuel system if you wanted, but obviously you would run them out of fuel on a long wide open throttle run say down a 1/4 mile track or a sled pull run. I think 190's would be a little past where I'd want to be with a stock fuel system. You'd just always know in the back of your head that the system is under strain or sort of out of its efficiency range on wot runs. Honestly with my 175's I'm probably going to add an airdog and reg return just to ease my mind and take the strain of the poor hfcm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.