new sct lime, csutom tunes, truck not starting - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
new sct lime, csutom tunes, truck not starting

howdie, please bare with me here because I am brand new to forums. two months ago I bought my 2005 f250 6.0, 4x4, lifted, arp heatstuds, egr delete, stacks from a small dealer located in Edmonton. just the other day I ordered a sct limewire ts with custom tunes, all from innovative diesel. When I got the tuner in the mail, innovative was closed, so I couldn't get any of my tunes or any install info from them, being the eager beaver I am I thought I could go ahead and use the preloaded tunes :w2: hooked it up to the truck not fully knowing what I was doing, after doing the whole tune process (I think I tuned it to performance) the limewire device said the tune was complete so I tried starting my truck and all it did was turn over, it would turn over all day but it wouldn't start.
After that I thought right away that I should tune it back to stock (knowing I had to go to work in 45 min) so I tuned it back to stock and the device said it was complete but still would just turn over and wouldn't start. so I called it quits and called a cab to work.
|Fast forward a day I get off my night shift job and call innovative right away. They said they would send me my custom tunes and a install video which would help me download the tunes :tu: but the truck not starting is a issue I have to take up with sct. so they give me the number and I call them. the next 3 hours are spent on the phone with sct tech, the outcome of the three phone calls throughout the day were they programmed the limewire tuner through my computer on the sct update device three different times with stock tunes. (one tune did not complete while tuning my truck, the other two stock tunes STILL DID NOT START MY TRUCK) by this time it was 6 pm on friday and there office was closeing, so now here I am with a truck that aint starting. waiting for sct to open so they can hopefully fix the problem that they created.
im hoping someone has some advise for me? I know from reading forums that there is definitely people out there that have had the same issues? how did you fix them? absolutely any info at this point would help.
thanks, Simon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2013, 02:34 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Well first off simon welcome to the forums!! I think at this point in time you are kinda stuck with sct helping you. Somehow you need to get the stock file fixed so you can load stock tune to your truck.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yeah we tried three different stock tunes and all three didn't work
Old 03-02-2013, 02:43 PM
Premium Member

It seems you may have bricked the ECM somehow, your only option is having it towed to a dealership to have it reflashed.

But this all seems odd an uncommon, so I'm not sure what's going on with your truck.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

if my truck had the egr delete when I bought it and didn't have a dash light coming on, would it have already had some sort of tune already? (before I bought the truck)
Old 03-02-2013, 02:47 PM
Premium Member

It's possible it was tuned,for sure.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:49 PM
Premium Member

03-04's won't throw a cel for egr, maybe you have an early enough 05 that the light wouldn't come on.

But with what has happened to you I'd say its likely te truck was tuned or had left over crap from a previous tuner caused this.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

what dose "bick the ecu" mean?what about the pcm,ficm,tcm should they be looked at as well
Old 03-02-2013, 03:21 PM
Premium Member

Bricked means froze up.
The ECM an PCM are the same thing. Maybe have the tcm flashed also, but te ficm should be fine.

But if you have the dealer flash it they will prolly do everything anyway, and you may have to have your new tunes rewrote for the new strategy, ask your tune writer
Old 03-04-2013, 10:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

So I took the truck into reputable ford dealer, i have taken the truck there a couple times so far for a couple things. They seem altight guys but after waiting a hour or so for my PCM relfash. They told me the PCM is not responding to the program, and that they did not know why and need to dig deeper to pin-point why. 6 hours later the dealership is closed and I never received a call. I guess I will find out in the morning. But this is so far out of my experteaze, I mean I can turn a wrench but this electrical bull**** is just confusing me! If anyone has any advise on the subject or any idea of how long a electrical inspection should be Please let me know. Thanks I'll keep ya posted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
6.0, limeaid please, not starting, sct, tuner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.