Lack of vendor communication - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 03:03 PM
N.S.D.Q.

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Lack of vendor communication

I placed an order with a PS.org vendor. I was told the product was to be in stock in 7 days (+/-). I waited a two weeks with NO contact from the vendor. I contacted the vendor who basically replied it was a manufacturer and supplier issue. I asked for any ideas about providing me the part. I was left with I can continue to wait or get a refund.

Would you continue to wait or get the refund?? Would you continue support or provide future support of the vendor??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2013, 03:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Drop shippers Who don't care and just want to turn a dime with no customer support
= Refund and Bye Bye
Old 02-27-2013, 03:09 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
Drop shippers Who don't care and just want to turn a dime with no customer support
= Refund and Bye Bye

Old 02-27-2013, 03:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I ordered a Topside Kreeper from KT performance

they Drop ship from Traxxion and made that clear up front

however I had full support directly From KT and they went as far as providing a receipt and tracking #'s as those became available to them and even a callback when I had ordering issues online

Surprises suck
Old 02-27-2013, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Manufacturers delays and supply issues shouldn't be held against the vendor unless this is being used as an excuse and is simply not true. Is the item available through other sources(vendors)? If so take your refund and order it from someone else. If it is not then perhaps the problem is with the manufacturer. At that point you have to decide whether to wait for the product to become available and ship or to get your money back and do something else. To assume right away that it is the vendor's fault and hold it against them is unfair. You were told up front the item was not in stock and was expected to be in a week. Unfortunately the vendor can only relay what they are being told by the manufacturer.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
Manufacturers delays and supply issues shouldn't be held against the vendor unless this is being used as an excuse and is simply not true. Is the item available through other sources(vendors)? If so take your refund and order it from someone else. If it is not then perhaps the problem is with the manufacturer. At that point you have to decide whether to wait for the product to become available and ship or to get your money back and do something else. To assume right away that it is the vendor's fault and hold it against them is unfair. You were told up front the item was not in stock and was expected to be in a week. Unfortunately the vendor can only relay what they are being told by the manufacturer.
This is true. All venders that rely on outside manufacturers are at their mercy. They want to help out customers, but if the parts aren't available they just aren't there. I understand the frustration when pieces are delayed, but when a manufacturer of a certain part doesn't come through for a vender, the vender is frustrated too. The vender probably offered the refund so that you didn't feel as if your money was gone until the product was ready, just in case you wanted to try a different route. I know thats what we at MTW would do.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:00 PM
N.S.D.Q.

My biggest issue is the lack of communication. The vendor has made NO effort to communicate the issue or any delay with expected shipping info. When the vendor says 7 days, and is given 2 weeks, then the CUSTOMER makes contact about the status. That's not good business is it now?? Then to hear it's not me it's them just causes more frustration....ADD to that frustration the vendor doesn't even follow up with "hey I got in touch with my distributor and expect the part on (date)..."

I feel like its "Hey I got your money and order but not the part to ship. I'M not making any additional effort to figure out when it's going to get to you. SO just go wait."
Old 02-27-2013, 06:06 PM
N.S.D.Q.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWilbur516 View Post
This is true. All venders that rely on outside manufacturers are at their mercy. They want to help out customers, but if the parts aren't available they just aren't there. I understand the frustration when pieces are delayed, but when a manufacturer of a certain part doesn't come through for a vender, the vender is frustrated too. The vender probably offered the refund so that you didn't feel as if your money was gone until the product was ready, just in case you wanted to try a different route. I know thats what we at MTW would do.
Would you sell a product and not follow up with a customer when you experience logistical issues with your supply chain??
Old 02-27-2013, 06:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyAssault View Post
Would you sell a product and not follow up with a customer when you experience logistical issues with your supply chain??
Nope, never on purpose, but I know that sometimes things wall between the cracks. It isn't done deliberately, but it can happen. The best you can do at that point is apologize and try to make the issue right with that customer.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:26 PM
Premium Member

Although it was not said I do take credit for the error and it was out of my control. The vendor me mad turbo werks, the issue is the new billet wheel powermax replacement. I contacted heavy assault, and rescue 250 contacted me. So lets get whole story out there, I waited the most bias opinion of the wheel from a member that knows his powermax really well. I told him that I would sell wheel to him at a discount to see what it did. Since he and rescue where heading to Miami to quick tricks open house. Rescue told me he and heavy where going and that they could dyno their truck switch wheels and dyno again to get real numbers for the powermax. I decided to contact heavy and approach him with a deal on wheel so I could have two trucks run numbers. I was told and past on what I was told by my supplier, wheels were to come in two weeks. I have been calling supplier every other day to see what the deal was. Not only do I have these guys but I have 4 more customers waiting for the wheels for a billet stage 1. I was told by supplier what they were being told that the wheels should be there anytime. I found out that the wheels were at customs and have been there last two weeks. Supplier and manufacture (Canada) are trying to get it resolved. When I found out I refunded their money since they really wanted it for the dyno at quick tricks. The only excuse I have for miscommunication is that I have been very busy and have been spinning all over the place. Rescue 250 pm me about every three days and I gave him update thinking he would relay to heavy assault but I guess not. So for that I messed up, and I'm sorry they didn't get the wheels in time for their test, they both were getting a discount for the testing. That's the whole story wish it could have been better, but I was relaying what I was told, and it was out of my control. Anyone that has contacted me about wheels I tell them same thing, I'm waiting and will announce when I get them in. I do not drop ship, and was planning on overnighting the wheels if I got them as late as today to Vivian for them to have. That was the reason I waited so long to get their money back to them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.