EGR Delete question - Page 3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 11:21 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks a ton for the help, dude is swearing up and down that he deleted it, he said the left the sensor itself for computer reasons??? But he said he deleted everything else, also said he changed the oil cooler out as well? Im starting to get neevouse about future headaches
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 11:26 AM

Newest info i got from him says he pulled the egr cooler out and welded something in both ends to close it off completely...correct me if im wrong but that just sounds like bad business to me
Old 02-26-2013, 12:54 PM
Premium Member

It's not bad, I've read about guys doing that (reference my 99% and 1% EGR delete comment), the primary reason for doing it that way is for visual inspections. As I also stated, leaving the EGR valve in place (the one up front) is for proper turbo VGT cycling.

However, I do have to throw the BS flag because the OEM hose clamp is still there. Even if he pounded in freeze plugs and welded it up, a band clamp should be used because that OEM clamp is a POS. Tell you what, if that truck has hella bad acceleration from a stand still, then tears a$$ down the road, it's most likely bs. The EGR cooler really robs low end throttle response. Even with an SCT tuner, mine wouldn't kick rocks from a stand still until I deleted the EGR cooler.

The ONLY way to check the oil cooler is to monitor the coolant and oil temps at highway speeds, unloaded. If they are greater than 15* apart, guess what, it's time to change it. I was running 15~17 to work and back, after I changed the oil cooler I see about 4. Last weekend I towed a boat 80 miles and only saw a 9* split. It was 4~5 without the boat.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:08 PM

I think he did actually do it then, my truck gets off the line like a bat out of hell and i dont notice any change in acceleration throughout the rpm ranges, so i think he was being legit, i really appreciate all of your help
Old 02-26-2013, 03:14 PM
Premium Member

The oem "clamp" on the blue hose isn't really a clamp.....you turn the blue hose to line up the marks and pull. Like a old 1157 light bulb, that being said they can be reused or you can even buy a new blue hose. The guy that welded up the egr cooler could have easily went back with a stock blue hose.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:55 PM
Premium Member

Re: EGR Delete question

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcity_gt View Post
The oem "clamp" on the blue hose isn't really a clamp.....you turn the blue hose to line up the marks and pull. Like a old 1157 light bulb, that being said they can be reused or you can even buy a new blue hose. The guy that welded up the egr cooler could have easily went back with a stock blue hose.
Hmm, I didn't know those were reusable. Then again, I was so hot when I found mine leaking from that blue hose that I just wanted it off of my truck.

Sent from my LG-VS700 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.