Compression Ignition Addict
Join Date: Sep 2012
Thanked 144 Times in 78 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Just picked up an 06 with 36k, few questions on which way to go.
I just picked up a 2006 f250 with 36k. I dont know much about them, and Ive been looking around reading as much as I can. Please can we keep the " Why drive a diesel for MPG " etc etc comments out. Here are my questions:
1. Im looking to get a few more MPG out of it, and I read that the intake and exhuast can improve MPG. True? Does a 4" over a 5" prove to be better in anyway? Any brands better than another?
2. Im going to go thru and change out all of the fluids, filters etc. Anything else to change?
3. What else should I buy for preventive maintenance? I was thinking coolant filter ? Anything else?
4. Whats better the Livewire electric gauges, or the Edge CTS gauges? Maybe just preference?
5. I wouldnt be too interested in a tuner until I get studs, but a MPG tune would be nice...
6. Lastly, should I delete the EGR ASAP or with it only have 36k miles on it, would it be alright to wait until next year tax time to do the studs and EGR at once?
Anything else that would be pertinent for me to know, Id appreciate it.