Ready to buy a MTW turbo, but can't decide which - Page 3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 06:50 PM
CW4 Retired, US Army

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I ordered the Stage 1. After talking to Adrian about it we decided, that for my use, the stage 1 with the new billet wheel is the way to go. Now I'm just anxiously waiting for it to get here.

According to what Adrian told me when I ordered mine, the price listed on his website for the Stage 1 w/billet wheel is high. It's actually cheaper than the $1175 they have it listed for. Now don't quote me on this because I ordered mine 3 weeks ago so things could have changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrdriggs View Post
in the past 3 weeks ive called MTW 5 times and sent him a PM...still no response id like to buy a turbo from him, but customer service like that i may be changing my mind....im sure he is busy but that doesnt give me confidence handing over $$ and never hearing back from him again??

I have actually talked to him on 3 different occasions the last 3 weeks. Once I had to leave a message but he called back in about an hour. The other 2 times he answered. Now I didn't call any this past week tho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 08:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
As far as the hybrid and stage 1 goes, what are the max hp limits someone can see with them? I am looking at the hybrid or possibly stepping up the the stage two somewhere down there road. thanks
Old 02-25-2013, 09:08 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I would be very surprised if I saw more than 550hp with either a Hybrid or Stage 1 (cast wheel). I think ~500-525hp (+/- 5hp) is a more realistic expectation of these turbos with a 155-175cc injector.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by windrunner408 View Post
I would be very surprised if I saw more than 550hp with either a Hybrid or Stage 1 (cast wheel). I think ~500-525hp (+/- 5hp) is a more realistic expectation of these turbos with a 155-175cc injector.
And keep in mind that any more power than this and you are looking a big money upgrades to keep your truck together.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:41 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
And keep in mind that any more power than this and you are looking a big money upgrades to keep your Transmission together.
LOL Fixed it for you!
Old 02-25-2013, 12:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2shuck View Post
nate (windrunner408) will get you took care of
He's doing just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SICKS-O View Post
you will need studs even with your current mods.
I optimistically disagree. I've got almost 15-20k on this set up, excluding the Atlas 80 and no issues.

Quote:
I'll be happy to answer questions and try to get you in touch with Adrian. As Bryan mentioned, he does have a lot going on right now. Can't really go wrong with whatever option you decide on. I personally would wait until the new wheels for the Hybrid come out. JMO.
You've been a tremendous help. Thanks again.

Quote:
Wow, that's much higher than I was expecting and far surpasses my goals. What other mods are you thinking about being combined with the Stage 1 cast to achieve a number like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetjock15 View Post
Adrain is building my turbo right now. He recommended stage 1 with new wheel with my 155s for heavy towing. I'm not sure all the differences between the hybrid and the stage 1, but I'm going with what he recommended. I am excited, if it has no more lag than stock and pushes a bit more air, that works fine for me. Unless your going with much bigger injectors or a really hot tune, the stage 1 can flow plenty of air I imagine. I can't wait to get my turbo back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
My Tweaked Stage one with billet wheel cleans up my 175's to 0 smoke what so ever on a full fuel race tune!
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhpilot View Post
I ordered the Stage 1. After talking to Adrian about it we decided, that for my use, the stage 1 with the new billet wheel is the way to go. Now I'm just anxiously waiting for it to get here.

According to what Adrian told me when I ordered mine, the price listed on his website for the Stage 1 w/billet wheel is high. It's actually cheaper than the $1175 they have it listed for. Now don't quote me on this because I ordered mine 3 weeks ago so things could have
Does anybody get the cast wheel? Seems like everyone goes for the billet.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:58 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Mine came with the cast wheel and I upgraded to the billet wheel.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:36 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The Stage 1 will only allow you to build over 500hp if you get larger than stock injectors and even then you might not make it. Of course that Atlas 80 will help. I think you'll end up in the 460-480hp range.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
The Stage 1 will only allow you to build over 500hp if you get larger than stock injectors and even then you might not make it. Of course that Atlas 80 will help. I think you'll end up in the 460-480hp range.
Seeing as my goal was 325 I'm good with that.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
Mine came with the cast wheel and I upgraded to the billet wheel.
What made you upgrade?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.