unsure what to do now - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 08:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
unsure what to do now

So I was getting a back pressure code and truck was running rough and building more boost then normal at cruising speed along with large mileage loss. so I cleaned my ebp, iat, map, and maf sensors last night. Took the truck out and seemed to be running better. Was pulling a little less boost at cruise speed but still couple more pounds then normal. when I would hammer on it it would run great then when I let off and tried to cruise boost went to 0 and wouldn't build any when trying to accelerate gradually. Had to put truck in neutral and slow down a bit then put it back in gear and it was fine. Then this morning when i started the truck at 26 degrees it ran rough for a little bit. Not like it was doing before I cleaned sensors but still a good bit rougher than it had. Anybody have any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2013, 09:02 AM
Premium Member

Did you clean the EBP tube all the way to the manifold? A lot of the problems are at the manifold joint. Your post reads like sticky vanes. What were your EBP readings doing? Also, can you read your vanes position PID? I recommend you clean your turbo.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Cleaned the tube and nipple very good. Was thinking about doing the turbo myself but not quite sure what all is involved. Definitely a little more willing to try after last night. Thing was pretty easy to work on. Hardest part was getting factory air cleaner assembly out. That thing is hateful. Lol
Old 02-23-2013, 11:59 AM
Premium Member

The air cleaner assembly is a one minute job it you take it out in one piece, rotating it up and forward after separating it from the intake tube. Installation is the reverse after putting the mouth in the holes at front clip.

There are lots of tips on the turbo removal, cleaning and installation. Pictures and videos. A big tip is to use magnetic sockets. Get a large tarp and fold it up to lay on the engine bay (I use a 20x30 folded to 3x5). Disconnect the batteries, just in case. On the installation, do a trial run on the correct position for the oil drain tube -trust me on this one! Note how it sits on the pedestal. You already have the updated oil drain tube. The toughest part is the installation, especially since you haven't done one before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.