dose this sound correct to you guys i need some feed back on this please - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 02:35 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dose this sound correct to you guys i need some feed back on this please

im about to buy a 07 6.0 and as soon as i get it want to sent it out to a shop and have it completely bullet proofed. because i live in CA i need the egr to pass smog unfortunately but i called a shop and told em i was interested in obviously the bullet proof and i am also interested in doing banks high ram intake manifold, a good smog legal air intake, a garrett powermax turbo, 5" straight exhaust from the turbo back, sct livewire ts, and maybe the banks intercooler but i don't know if that is smog legal here?.... what i want to figure out is if i do all that stuff to the truck how much horsepower should i be expecting AT THE WHEELS? the guy i called at the shop told me id be getting about 500rwhp with a good tune on stock injectors and transmission dose that sound about rite to you guys? and also if i do this stuff to the truck how long will the transmission hold up? (the truck as it sits rite now is bone stock and has 63000 miles)

Last edited by 6.0 powerstroke help; 02-23-2013 at 02:46 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2013, 03:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0 powerstroke help View Post
im about to buy a 07 6.0 and as soon as i get it want to sent it out to a shop and have it completely bullet proofed. because i live in CA i need the egr to pass smog unfortunately but i called a shop and told em i was interested in obviously the bullet proof and i am also interested in doing banks high ram intake manifold, a good smog legal air intake, a garrett powermax turbo, 5" straight exhaust from the turbo back, sct livewire ts, and maybe the banks intercooler but i don't know if that is smog legal here?.... what i want to figure out is if i do all that stuff to the truck how much horsepower should i be expecting AT THE WHEELS? the guy i called at the shop told me id be getting about 500rwhp with a good tune on stock injectors and transmission dose that sound about rite to you guys? and also if i do this stuff to the truck how long will the transmission hold up? (the truck as it sits rite now is bone stock and has 63000 miles)

Being that you need to keep your EGR system, I highly recommend the Bulletproof Diesel egr setup. It's a little expensive, but it is an awesome setup and you don;t have to worry about it failing. The only other thing is if the truck has a CAT on it, you will need to retain it (at least visually :couch: )

RWHP is a toss up, it depends on the truck and your tuning, I don;t see 500 hp at the ground being out of reach with the mods you listed and good tuning. As far as transmission ife, the biggest factor is you. How you drive it how you maintain it and all that. That being said, if driven properly, the trans should hold up fairly well. Just keep in mind that towing frequently or running big eavy tires increases the load on the transmssion.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05_PSD_Erik View Post
Being that you need to keep your EGR system, I highly recommend the Bulletproof Diesel egr setup. It's a little expensive, but it is an awesome setup and you don;t have to worry about it failing. The only other thing is if the truck has a CAT on it, you will need to retain it (at least visually :couch: )

RWHP is a toss up, it depends on the truck and your tuning, I don;t see 500 hp at the ground being out of reach with the mods you listed and good tuning. As far as transmission ife, the biggest factor is you. How you drive it how you maintain it and all that. That being said, if driven properly, the trans should hold up fairly well. Just keep in mind that towing frequently or running big eavy tires increases the load on the transmssion.

Agreed. It would be a stretch but you can probably squeak 500rwhp out of it. You might have to add FICM tuning to the list of mods. Chris laid down 500 with stock injectors, Hercules FICM tune, MTW Stage 2 (which is bigger than a Pmax), and supporting mods. Your transmission will be fine as long as you have some common sense and don't try beating on it when the fluid hasn't warmed up. I'm still running the stock trans and I hammer on it alot. But I use common sense.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05_PSD_Erik View Post

im not planning on lifting the truck just a leveling kit on 35's and do you think this will be a safe reliable 500rwhp tho? and thats a nice 6.4 you got there and i know i got a quote for a full complete bullet proof and all extra parts i want and labor its $9000 i got a quote from left cost diesel and im not planning on running a cat im just gonna do a slip on slip off set up with the cat for smog and im planning on getting towing, econ, and race tunes so im planning the 500hp with the race tune
Old 02-23-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Stroke View Post
Agreed. It would be a stretch but you can probably squeak 500rwhp out of it. You might have to add FICM tuning to the list of mods. Chris laid down 500 with stock injectors, Hercules FICM tune, MTW Stage 2 (which is bigger than a Pmax), and supporting mods. Your transmission will be fine as long as you have some common sense and don't try beating on it when the fluid hasn't warmed up. I'm still running the stock trans and I hammer on it alot. But I use common sense.
sorry i have no ideah what FICM and MTW is can you explain what that is? and when i say tuning i mean with the sct programmer and do you think that 500hp will be a safe 500hp or will it just demolish the engine?
Old 02-23-2013, 01:19 PM
Premium Member

dose this sound correct to you guys i need some feed back on this please

I suggest you take the time to read all the "sticky posts".

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-23-2013, 01:29 PM

^^^^agree start reading the sticky's and they will answer a ton.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:30 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Re: dose this sound correct to you guys i need some feed back on this please

You'll realistically be looking about 470 I would think. I too live in ca and have run the setup your thinking of. I'd look into MTW (mad turbo werks) I'm now running the hybrid. Bpd egr is the way to go and as for the cat just gut it or splice your exhaust so that you can just throw it on when you need to get tested, thats what I did.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Hunt View Post
You'll realistically be looking about 470 I would think. I too live in ca and have run the setup your thinking of. I'd look into MTW (mad turbo werks) I'm now running the hybrid. Bpd egr is the way to go and as for the cat just gut it or splice your exhaust so that you can just throw it on when you need to get tested, thats what I did.

i know about the cat trick i dont want to hollow it out because they are talking about putting sniffers on diesel smog now so i think ill just stick with the slip on set up
Old 02-23-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by techtulsa View Post
I suggest you take the time to read all the "sticky posts".

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

im new to this forum whats a sticky post?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.