Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

ICP Pressure

5K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  yfzjim 
#1 ·
What is normal ICP pressure reading? I know it varies depending on rpm, load etc but I have seen some people reading 3000-4000 psi. Mine cruising at 55-65 mph unloaded hovers around 1400-1500. Is this normal?>

#3 ·
Sounds right. Mine is around 1200 or so at 60 mph on flat ground with no wind. That is on the stock vxcf4 file.

#4 ·
You can't get an accurate reading on a tuned truck, they manipulate the icp value for mor power.

#5 ·
You can't rely on the pressure reading because that's what the tuners use to keep the pressure up and it tricks the ipr to stay open. Check the icp voltage and that will give you an accurate reading.

#7 ·
Yep, the only way to gets true reading is convert ICPv to ICP psi, analog gauge, or DashBoss.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#8 ·
ok, ill check the icp voltage and report back

#9 ·
I believe my bully dog reads icp in volts because watching it icp show 1.4-1.5 and IPW show 2000-3000.
I'm fixing to run to the store and ill check again for sure

#10 ·
Here is one of my data log files. The first column in "time", the second column is "ICP Calc" that shows actual, the third column is "ICPv", the forth column is "ICP psi" that the PCM is showing what the tune writer had the PCM seeing to fool. This is with the SRL++ tune.

#11 ·
Ok this is idling

IPW second to bottom
ICP bottom
If this helps

#12 ·
I cant make out how your ICP is reading, does it say volts,psi,mPa? ICPv don't seem right, at a minimum to start truck needs to be .80v @ 500psi, 3.5 mPa min.

#16 ·
Either that or I have a leak because I my HPOP went out and I had it changed and my truck was cutting out under wot and I was talking to Chris @TSD and he was thinking I had a leak also. But I dunno

#17 ·
ok so at 50 MPH with no load Im reading my ICP voltage at about 1.3 - 1.4 or so. Does this seem within spec?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.