Where to buy powermax, and are they all same? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 05:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Where to buy powermax, and are they all same?

Where's the best price on the powermax? The reason I want to go with powermax over other brands, as it comes as a new unit with vgt solinoid, which I suspect both my turbo and that solinoid may have issues. I'm calling warrens D tomorrow, probably grab some 155/30s to go with it. I'm hoping this setup can tow my trailer that can weigh up to 19k, more on rare trips pullin boat behind.

Anyway, my stock turbo had had its share of issues from sticky veins, I just want a new setup with new solinoid - which is $300 alone from Ford.

As for the powermax, are they all the same? I see I would order the 05-07 powermax for my 06, but do any of them have different blade counts, or a difference in "silencer ring?" - seen some people mention that on some forums. Help me understand.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 06:26 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
you can buy the sinster power max stage 1 its blue and has sinster on it i think its 1500 , they also have a stage 2 all thats different is it has a batmowheel on it and they sell it for about 2000. or u can get just a plain looking p max for about 1100-1300 from many vendors on the org. but some guys will suggest mtw stage one . if i were you i would do your own research and make your decision on the facts and not hear say
Old 02-19-2013, 06:30 PM

Thanks, I'm open to all advice. I sent Adrian a note just to get his thoughts. Don't know if my turbo would be a good core cause its probably rusty inside. I'm military and my truck sits for months at a time. It's only got 34k, has sat for months on many occasions- so I assume rusty. I would just want the standard Pmax I've seen for $1200 ish from the forum vendors. Know anything about the different silencer ring options - if any?
Old 02-19-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotibbo View Post
you can buy the sinster power max stage 1 its blue and has sinster on it i think its 1500 , they also have a stage 2 all thats different is it has a batmowheel on it and they sell it for about 2000. or u can get just a plain looking p max for about 1100-1300 from many vendors on the org. but some guys will suggest mtw stage one . if i were you i would do your own research and make your decision on the facts and not hear say
Agree

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-19-2013, 06:36 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetjock15 View Post
Thanks, I'm open to all advice. I sent Adrian a note just to get his thoughts. Don't know if my turbo would be a good core cause its probably rusty inside. I'm military and my truck sits for months at a time. It's only got 34k, has sat for months on many occasions- so I assume rusty. I would just want the standard Pmax I've seen for $1200 ish from the forum vendors. Know anything about the different silencer ring options - if any?
if you do decide to go with mtw i am sure your rusty core will be fine , i wouldnt worrie about it . not to sure about the rings tho . mabey someone else can give some insight on this ?
Old 02-19-2013, 06:49 PM

Mine came without a silencer ring didn't know there was an option. I got mine from sinister for like 1100 I thought it was an awesome deal for a brand new charger.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-19-2013, 06:54 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
For the love of god don't spend any extra for a batmowheel
Old 02-19-2013, 06:56 PM
Premium Member

Check full force diesel they have pkg deal on power max & 155 cc injectors ,don't know much about the different turbos but their injectors are built w/ford remans not from your or somebody else cores so u get what u pay for !!
Old 02-19-2013, 07:08 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
As far as a core turbo goes, VERY RARELY does the actual solenoid go bad. Not saying it doesn't or can't but they are pretty robust little units. Now the vanes sticking is more than likey due to you letting the truck sit for so long. Either way rusty turbos aren't really a problem as long as the vanes aren't frozen solid onto the posts. More than likely though if your vanes are sticking and you're noticing problems with turbo response it's because you have a worn unison ring and that needs to be replaced (about $75). I won't say that MTW Stage 1 is your end all be all turbo, but from the reviews I have read with guys getting a Pmax for an 06+ truck, they don't seem to be the best for towing the sort of loads I've read about you towing. They seem to have a dead spot around 50 mph or so. Of course I have heard that the gogo manifold helps get rid of that dead spot and tuning does wonders. I completely understand wanting to run a new turbo but just to give some insight on the core, I have seen some pretty bad turbos clean right up nicely and only needing a unison ring replaced. Hope this helps.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:14 PM

Couldn't see the package deal on the website, but they show the turbo for $1193, best I've seen yet! Thx. No batmowheel planned! Lol, I've sored my eyes trying to read about all these turbos and the slight differences. Ill be happy when my rusted stocker that over boosts and stalls is replaced!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.