Dual stock fuel pumps...Is it possible? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 06:47 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dual stock fuel pumps...Is it possible?

I am running 190s right now with the stock fuel system. (I have a fuel pressure guage and can only push the skinny pedal half way). I am picking up a parts truck tomorrow for the engine/trans/xfer case and was just wondering if it is possible to add another stock fuel pump inline to gain the volume required of these 190s.

I will eventually make my own regulated return and plan on really building it up with a Fuelab pump. But in the meantime, I like tinkering and I will have this extra pump just sitting here.... has anyone tried this yet on a completely stock fuel system? Would it work? Would it be too much? Any ideas on how to do this.

I do not have a sump yet either. Not planning on an ADII nor FASS (too many failures). Just wondering if this dual pump setup will work until I build my regulated return and slap a Fuelab or Aeromotive pump in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 10:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yea sounds good
Old 02-16-2013, 11:28 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Subscribed.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:06 AM
Serving Our Country!

I'm sure it would definitely work, I'm just curious about a high pressure pump feeding a high pressure pump. Most folks choose to use a low pressure high volume pump to feed the high pressure pump, but that's not to say it doesn't work. This thread fuel pump setup is about one of the members using a factory 6.4L lift pump (low pressure/high volume) to feed his airdog which has helped with his airdog issues but it could be used as well to feed the factory 6.0 frame pump.

I'm curious to see how this works out for you.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:42 AM
Premium Member

I guess nobody has attempted this type of setup before. I put dual 7.3 superduty pumps on my son's OBS with 200/30 injectors and it maintains pressure just fine. Based on that, it should work.. I will be picking up the donor truck today and yanking out the powerplant and anything else salvagable. I will really be able to look at the framerail and see how this second pump should/could be mounted and plumbed.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I would run them parallel.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:14 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Dual stock fuel pumps...Is it possible?

If it were me I'd feed your stock 6.0 pump with a stock 6.4 pump.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-17-2013, 09:06 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondsman View Post
I am running 190s right now with the stock fuel system. (I have a fuel pressure guage and can only push the skinny pedal half way). I am picking up a parts truck tomorrow for the engine/trans/xfer case and was just wondering if it is possible to add another stock fuel pump inline to gain the volume required of these 190s.

I will eventually make my own regulated return and plan on really building it up with a Fuelab pump. But in the meantime, I like tinkering and I will have this extra pump just sitting here.... has anyone tried this yet on a completely stock fuel system? Would it work? Would it be too much? Any ideas on how to do this.

I do not have a sump yet either. Not planning on an ADII nor FASS (too many failures). Just wondering if this dual pump setup will work until I build my regulated return and slap a Fuelab or Aeromotive pump in there.
Sure you can do a dual pump i wouldn't so in in series but parallel . if you do it in series the volume wouldn't change. in parallel you could double volume but would have to run it into a half inch feed line. You would also have to draw from a half inch feed tube.

ok guess what im going to make this setup because i have the pumps to do it! ill let ya now what it does and how it flows!! I WILL START IT TOMARROW

iF YOU WANT ME TO WAIT SO YOU CAN DO IT FIRST I WILL!

Last edited by JUGERNAUT; 02-17-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:08 AM
Premium Member

You give it a shot first. I think I am going. o make my regulated return first becuase my fuel pressure is running 74psi right now with the blue spring. I need to ditch the stock return and feed, keep stock filtern upgrade feed and return lines.
Let me know what you find out though. Waiting patiently.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:41 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondsman View Post
You give it a shot first. I think I am going. o make my regulated return first becuase my fuel pressure is running 74psi right now with the blue spring. I need to ditch the stock return and feed, keep stock filtern upgrade feed and return lines.
Let me know what you find out though. Waiting patiently.
Ok I will start tomarrow with your idea!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.