Dual stock fuel pumps...Is it possible? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 90 Old 02-16-2013, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dual stock fuel pumps...Is it possible?

I am running 190s right now with the stock fuel system. (I have a fuel pressure guage and can only push the skinny pedal half way). I am picking up a parts truck tomorrow for the engine/trans/xfer case and was just wondering if it is possible to add another stock fuel pump inline to gain the volume required of these 190s.

I will eventually make my own regulated return and plan on really building it up with a Fuelab pump. But in the meantime, I like tinkering and I will have this extra pump just sitting here.... has anyone tried this yet on a completely stock fuel system? Would it work? Would it be too much? Any ideas on how to do this.

I do not have a sump yet either. Not planning on an ADII nor FASS (too many failures). Just wondering if this dual pump setup will work until I build my regulated return and slap a Fuelab or Aeromotive pump in there.

05 F250 4x4 CC, 9.5" Rize/Icon, 38" Toyos, 20x12 Pacers, 5" MBRP, AFE stage 2, Cass 190s, Powermax, ELC w/filter, RCD EGR delete
04 Excursion 4x4, vacation bus
Project 1979 F250 6.0 powered in progress

post #2 of 90 Old 02-16-2013, 10:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yea sounds good

2008 ccsb F250 lariat
SCT tuned by Gearhead Single 371, MPD CCV RCD pushrods ARPS

SOLD!2003 f250 4x4 crewcab lariat (03 Turbo)
Perfomance:
ARPs, 175/75 Industrial Injection, EGR delete, 5" MBRP,6.4 Banjo Bolts, Coolant filter SCT Innovative Xtreme X, PHP FICM tuner, AirDogII with Sump
2.5" level, 18" monsters with 33/13.00/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers
post #3 of 90 Old 02-16-2013, 11:28 PM
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Subscribed.

l BRYAN l

WWW. COMPIGNTECH .COM

Look us up on Facebook
COMPRESSION IGNITION TECHNOLOGIES

l 2005 l Ford F250 l FTX l
[A Few Odds-N-Ends]

post #4 of 90 Old 02-17-2013, 05:06 AM
Serving Our Country!

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I'm sure it would definitely work, I'm just curious about a high pressure pump feeding a high pressure pump. Most folks choose to use a low pressure high volume pump to feed the high pressure pump, but that's not to say it doesn't work. This thread fuel pump setup is about one of the members using a factory 6.4L lift pump (low pressure/high volume) to feed his airdog which has helped with his airdog issues but it could be used as well to feed the factory 6.0 frame pump.

I'm curious to see how this works out for you.

Shack

2016 F-350 CC Dually

2005 F250 CC FX4….SOLD
post #5 of 90 Old 02-17-2013, 05:42 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

I guess nobody has attempted this type of setup before. I put dual 7.3 superduty pumps on my son's OBS with 200/30 injectors and it maintains pressure just fine. Based on that, it should work.. I will be picking up the donor truck today and yanking out the powerplant and anything else salvagable. I will really be able to look at the framerail and see how this second pump should/could be mounted and plumbed.

05 F250 4x4 CC, 9.5" Rize/Icon, 38" Toyos, 20x12 Pacers, 5" MBRP, AFE stage 2, Cass 190s, Powermax, ELC w/filter, RCD EGR delete

post #6 of 90 Old 02-17-2013, 07:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I would run them parallel.

06 F250 4x4 ecsb, lowered 2", 6 Autometer Phantom 2 guages, Accufab Elbow, Zoodad, Airaid , Magnaflow 4"dp, 5" pipe 7" short stack, Studs, Egr delete, sneaky pipe, regulated fuel return, 6.4 banjo bolts, Moderate FICM from Innovative, High idle and foglight mods, Bilsteins, Sulastic shackles, DIY Harley headlights and traction bars. 8.76 in the 1/8th
post #7 of 90 Old 02-17-2013, 08:14 AM
Premium Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Dual stock fuel pumps...Is it possible?

If it were me I'd feed your stock 6.0 pump with a stock 6.4 pump.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

SCT, no studs...yet, Dual OEM intake air filter housings, Banks intercooler & intake elbow, Banks exhaust system, Windrunner ported intake manifold, Bullet Proof Diesel remote oil cooler & thermostat, AirDog2 (plus a couple spares), Power steering filter (Amsoil dual-bypass), MagTec deep ATF pan, Electric oil pre-lub pump, Dakota Digital gauges.
post #8 of 90 Old 02-17-2013, 09:06 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondsman View Post
I am running 190s right now with the stock fuel system. (I have a fuel pressure guage and can only push the skinny pedal half way). I am picking up a parts truck tomorrow for the engine/trans/xfer case and was just wondering if it is possible to add another stock fuel pump inline to gain the volume required of these 190s.

I will eventually make my own regulated return and plan on really building it up with a Fuelab pump. But in the meantime, I like tinkering and I will have this extra pump just sitting here.... has anyone tried this yet on a completely stock fuel system? Would it work? Would it be too much? Any ideas on how to do this.

I do not have a sump yet either. Not planning on an ADII nor FASS (too many failures). Just wondering if this dual pump setup will work until I build my regulated return and slap a Fuelab or Aeromotive pump in there.
Sure you can do a dual pump i wouldn't so in in series but parallel . if you do it in series the volume wouldn't change. in parallel you could double volume but would have to run it into a half inch feed line. You would also have to draw from a half inch feed tube.

ok guess what im going to make this setup because i have the pumps to do it! ill let ya now what it does and how it flows!! I WILL START IT TOMARROW

iF YOU WANT ME TO WAIT SO YOU CAN DO IT FIRST I WILL!

2001 to 2015 SENIOR MASTER TECHNICIAN
BEEN WITH FORD 27 YEARS:
PROUD NAVY VET= ANTI SUBMARINE WARFARE
A/C ASW A/W WINGS

2003 F250 AND I HATE IT. IT ROBS ME BEFORE I GET TO BANK!

Last edited by JUGERNAUT; 02-17-2013 at 09:11 AM.
post #9 of 90 Old 02-17-2013, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

You give it a shot first. I think I am going. o make my regulated return first becuase my fuel pressure is running 74psi right now with the blue spring. I need to ditch the stock return and feed, keep stock filtern upgrade feed and return lines.
Let me know what you find out though. Waiting patiently.

post #10 of 90 Old 02-17-2013, 10:41 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondsman View Post
You give it a shot first. I think I am going. o make my regulated return first becuase my fuel pressure is running 74psi right now with the blue spring. I need to ditch the stock return and feed, keep stock filtern upgrade feed and return lines.
Let me know what you find out though. Waiting patiently.
Ok I will start tomarrow with your idea!

2001 to 2015 SENIOR MASTER TECHNICIAN
BEEN WITH FORD 27 YEARS:
PROUD NAVY VET= ANTI SUBMARINE WARFARE
A/C ASW A/W WINGS

2003 F250 AND I HATE IT. IT ROBS ME BEFORE I GET TO BANK!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode