Wildman Vs. Everyone Else? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Wildman Vs. Everyone Else?

So I have been reading that the Wildman is tearing up the 6.0 tuning world and I'm intrigued to try his tunes. I have ran TSD, IDP, and Gearhead tunes through my truck and I was wondering how his tune stacks against say IDP's Anarchy race or X-Race tune power wise? I know everyone is saying Wildman's tune spools wicked fast and his tranny tuning is top notch, but is his tune laying the ponies like Eric's highest racing tune?

If it's looking like he will I would definitely order one and try it.

And what about Bill @ PHP? I don't know of anyone running his 6.0 tunes, but I know he does em.

Thanks!

Last edited by anschutz1913; 02-14-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 04:03 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Look at it this way. All the Extreme/Race/Wild dump max fuel at about 3300rpm unless you get it pulled back. So you have to decide if you want a WOT max PW at a particular PRM and how it leads into it type of tune. If it is wet or slippery, it can be a handful if you are not careful. If you have big sticks and no air, it doesn't work so well with smoke. Same for more air, but the lower EGT usually helps keep the boost under control to a point. However, if you have big fuel and big air, then hold on when you push the skinny pedal down. Most of the tunes give you some room for a somewhat normal response until you hit about 2200rpm and have the pedal a little deeper than normal. In most cases it's not the turbo that is lighting, it is the fuel that is dumping and lighting.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:08 PM

U must try

Gearhead and Wildmann and keep both in your arsenal IMHO
I have some others that I need to delete from my computer but have not tried TSD so no comment on them ( see what I did there ?)

OP why would you ever buy a truck with those colors?????

and as always let the truck and tranny do the relearn before you judge any tune
Old 02-14-2013, 04:48 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

I have driven tunes from Tony Wildman, Vivian, Eric (IDP), Matt (Gearhead), and Chris (TSD). I have to say that they all make comparable power. Chris's tunes ALWAYS made my engine run the smoothest. I liked how Eric can manipulate the tranny like no one else I have ever seen. TW's tunes had the worst tranny tuning for my truck. The shifts just felt too soft for my personal preference and I was worried about my tranny slipping and burning up the clutches. Again this is just my experience. I have heard from several that run his tunes and love em. As was mentioned, I think they are worth a shot. Matt at Gearhead has his tunes VERY comparable to Chris in terms of how smooth the engine runs but his tranny shifting has the tranny shift too soon for my liking.

I really think that finding the tuner comes down to both personal preference and customer service. TW and Eric had the best customer service for me. I could send em an email and have a tune within 24hrs EVERY TIME. I know guys talk about Vivian getting them tunes all day every 10 mins but that didn't happen with me. Hope this helps.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:56 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i run gearhead tunes, i agree with the above on early shifts. i contacted matt, made some pressure adjustments and now ilove the shifting.....it is nice and firm under a load, and somewhat normal otherwise. when i want to run it hard, TOW/HAUL all the way !
Old 02-14-2013, 05:00 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
What would be really awesome is a showdown!!!! Invite all the tuners and have them rent a dyno for the day!!! get one truck and have each tuner have a go at the truck being 3 tries!! Then you could say who's tuner makes the most power! On another note you have smoothness, shift quality, light switch, and daily driver!!! I think we should make this happen I know I would go and maybe even offer my truck as a Ginny pig when I fix it!!! lol
Old 02-14-2013, 05:26 PM

I agree on the gearhead tunes, seems to shift way to early. The SPD seems to be a pretty nice combo, however if you're getting into it even just 50-60% it holds 2nd gear until it winds out then shifts. Other than that it feels pretty good, smooth power, doesn't seem to throw me into the seat like the IDP tunes do though.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:37 PM

Wildman Vs. Everyone Else?

Are you guys afraid to email the tuner to have them adjust it to your liking? or? I don't get it...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 02-15-2013, 05:49 AM

Tony's are the only tunes I'll run anymore. Everyones truck is different though.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:54 AM

Agreed Everyone and every truck reacts different

Agreed of the three tuners I have used Both Matt and Tony tweaked them for Me the same day I asked

I usually wait a week for a tune to settle in before I judge

and with the SCT u can tweak some things on your own
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.