Wanting Your Input on 6.0 Air Filter Setups - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wanting Your Input on 6.0 Air Filter Setups

Just looking to get your opinion on what air filters have or have not worked for you. What you liked and disliked about your setup. If you could improve your aftermarket setup what would you want? Does anyone out there want an oil catch can for your 6.0 air filter(especially you guys that tow 24/7)? Just looking for your input
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 11:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Out stock set up is good until 500hp. If you absolutely want to put an aftermarket one on make sure it is a dry filter, oil ruins turbos
Old 02-12-2013, 12:07 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
^ +1 Keep the stocker on there as there hasn't been a proven alternative that is as good as the OEM filter and if your not going for performance than stick with the stock filter.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:47 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Re: Wanting Your Input on 6.0 Air Filter Setups

One more for what they said, but if you do go aftermarket S&b will probably be the most recommended. I'm putting on my s&b today or tomorrow. Had the thing sitting around since the last summer
Old 02-12-2013, 02:42 PM
N.S.D.Q.

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
An oil catch can would only help the CCV not the air filter. Plenty of options already out there for that mod.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:52 PM
Premium Member

IMHO the stock set up is a royal POS! Time and again I tried to get those filters out and they never came out easy. Busted nucks, bleeding fingers and a sore back finially did me in. I beat the last one out with a 3lb sledge hammer. I just can't play with junk!! I got a killer deal on a Banks and it was a breeze to install. I've had to take it out a couple of times and it's out in just a couple of minutes without a fight and without a sledge. I know some here say that the oiled filters are killers but I just haven't found that to be true. I can't find anything wrong with my turbo and it's got 162K on it now.

YMMV

k
Old 02-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The biggest problem with oiled filters is people don't clean them and they get so full that the dirt just starts pushing through the filter
Old 02-12-2013, 03:51 PM

The stock intake is actually a damn good intake, i can have my filter out in less than 2 minutes?
Old 02-12-2013, 04:34 PM

I have an AFE Pro Dry S Stage 2 Type Cx Intake System that has less than 10k miles on it and a brand new in the box cleaning kit that I would let go of for $225 shipped the intake and cleaning kit cost me almost $300 new
Old 02-12-2013, 04:49 PM

I'm going to chime in with my thoughts or opinion which is just that. #1 the turbo is going to see way more oil from the CCV than a oiled filter unless you over oil your filter like a bafoon. Also if a oiled filter is cleared properly and often it filters well. Now I will admit the factory filter is one of the best filters for removing dirt from the air and will support a good bit of power. I will also say though my with my setup I can start to suck the filter minder when running the stock setup which doesn't happen with my Banks setup. I tend to run the factory setup over the winter months due to running a lower power tune or stock and the increased road dust/salt dust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.