Upgrading - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 08:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Upgrading

So i am throwing about $10,000 in to my engine and decided i want to get 155cc injectors in to my motor and trying to bullet proof my engine as much as possible but i was wondering what turbo i should get i am looking for the best economy but still a little performance boost as when when i get in to it any suggestions and other then (head studs, egr delete, fuel system upgrade, high pressure oil pump, aluminum water pump, titanium turbo bolts, blow off valve and a good custom tune) what should i get done. I want to have my truck last the longest that it can and get better mpgs is my goal. I have a banks intercooler and a afe stage 2 intake and straight pipes already. Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 08:37 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would recomend you talk to Adrian from Mad Turbo Werks and he can help you decide based on what your goals are on the right turbo for you. His name here is "madpowerstroke" send him a PM he is a stand up guy with the best possible customer service he also has a website or you can call.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

The Garrett Powermax is a great fit for your plans. A lot of people run it and it has a good reputation. It is a direct drop-in replacement which makes it convenient as well.

We carry them if you are interested. You can check it out HERE.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I know you said you want a turbo but the more power you throw at a motor, the quicker it's going to wear out. If your wanting it to last as long as possible then you might think about just doing some bulletproofing and not throwing a big tune on it. Of course that's not much fun but most motors that are known for lasting forever are generally low horsepower and low rpm motors.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

10k good lord! you doing ported heads intake and stuff? seems awful high
Old 02-12-2013, 02:39 PM
N.S.D.Q.

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by alchigh150 View Post
So i am throwing about $10,000 in to my engine and decided i want to get 155cc injectors in to my motor and trying to bullet proof my engine as much as possible but i was wondering what turbo i should get i am looking for the best economy but still a little performance boost as when when i get in to it any suggestions and other then (head studs, egr delete, fuel system upgrade, high pressure oil pump, aluminum water pump, titanium turbo bolts, blow off valve and a good custom tune) what should i get done. I want to have my truck last the longest that it can and get better mpgs is my goal. I have a banks intercooler and a afe stage 2 intake and straight pipes already. Thanks in advance
I don't know who is selling you this but they wouldn't get $.02 of my money. A BOV is NOT needed on these trucks. Now if this is some sort of full on race truck/sled dog/tow monster then do what you can afford.

Before I bought a turbo I'd consider a cam and a ported intake manifold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.