Whose your favorite tuner - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Whose your favorite tuner

like the title says who is your favorite tuner for customs tunes I am asking for a buddy he has an sct livewire I've told him Innovative, Vivians, and Gearheads, and looney, those were the big ones I see on here but I was just wondering what tuners do you use and like?
hes studded and egr deleted
while in the shop getting studded the Ford tech said hes never seen bolts stretched as bad as his all of them were stretched over an 1/8th and some almost a 1/4 of an inch idk if thats true sounds a little much to me but thats what he said haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 08:59 PM
Serving Our Country!

I only have tunes from Vivian.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

We do tuning for the 6.0L too. Jody has been tuning them since 2005. If you have any questions about our tunes, I would be glad to help you out.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:43 PM
Premium Member

I have Vivian's and Matt's. both great tunes. Have the SRL in now. The looney wild didn't really seem to like the cold to well.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:50 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Chris B. At TSD has my vote for now. Unfortunately he no longer does email tuning.

Vivian's tunes will not go anywhere near my truck again.

Josh at RCD is pretty good I have some of his tunes for my truck as well.

Jody does GREAT things for writing towing tunes as well from what I hear.

Basically you can't go wrong with almost any tuner. It all comes down to what you want out of your truck. For instance some tuners have more experience writing files for HUGE injectors and getting the most power out of them. Others not so much. Take your pick and enjoy. Then try another in a month or two.

Also Tony Wildman and Matt at Gearheads are other good tune writers.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:52 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Whose your favorite tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garett742 View Post
like the title says who is your favorite tuner for customs tunes I am asking for a buddy he has an sct livewire I've told him Innovative, Vivians, and Gearheads, and looney, those were the big ones I see on here but I was just wondering what tuners do you use and like?
hes studded and egr deleted
while in the shop getting studded the Ford tech said hes never seen bolts stretched as bad as his all of them were stretched over an 1/8th and some almost a 1/4 of an inch idk if thats true sounds a little much to me but thats what he said haha
Everyone is gonna have a different answer for you. Too many variables involved. Heck, most members only have ever tried one tune writer!! So how can you expect a "favorite" tune writer when that is all they have tried.

Even the members who have multiple tunes from different tune writers, will have there personal OPINION, based on truck mods and driving style.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-11-2013, 05:11 AM
Calling all Georgians!

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
There are a lot of questions to ask.... what goals does he have for this truck? Is he going to go with bigger injectors, full fuel system, nitrous/water-meth, etc? If so, he'll need a tranny upgrade. Does he tow?

By finding out what he wants to do with the truck and what he uses it for, you can narrow down who you want to use. Some tuners are more aggressive than others. I would venture to say that Matt, Tony, and Chris are the more aggressive (on the low end) of the tuners out there. Vivian and Eric are known for having a light switch effect (the fuel doesn't "come on" until a later RPM) - this allows you to net good MPG in town with easy driving, and on the interstate.

I know that Jody has done absolutely amazing things for the 7.3L, but I haven't seen anyone run his tunes in my group with their 6.0.

Another good tuner is Bill @ PHP, he also offers FICM tunes. The Hercules 100 FICM tune has been proven time and time again to increase rwhp on a stock tuned truck by over 100rwhp! Granted, you won't get those same results if you already have an ECM tune on it (Looney Tune, SRL+, Extreme Tune, etc) - but you'll see something. However the Hercules 100 FICM tune isn't recommended for those that tow.

So, what does he use the truck for? Does he have a horsepower goal? What does he want the tune to do for him? What kind of driving style does he have? Lots of questions to answer all of the variables.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:29 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have Vivian's and Tony's and I love them
Old 02-11-2013, 03:17 PM
The Lady Mod

Send a message via Yahoo to Granny
Like it has been said before, many of us have run tunes from the same tuner and gotten different responses from our rigs. Not all trucks will react the same way to any given tune writer's tunes. I have tunes from many of the writers here and there are some that I just can't run. There is no right or wrong answer to this question. Find what your truck likes for your mods and driving style. Tuning is a trial and error process. Good luck in your search.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:33 PM

TSD gets mine!!! i still get them too hehe!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.