Shift on the fly! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Louis/ Around Chicago
Posts: 232
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Shift on the fly!

Alright well I know shift on the fly tunes are a no no for auto trucks using an edge evo or a quadzilla but my new truck shift and my right hand is the TCM. So I am wondering of there are any shift in the fly units that have custom tune capabilities. But the main thing I am looking for is that the tuner leaves no footprint in the computer. I have been referred to the sct livewire ts. Is this a shift on the fly unit that I can run custom tunes on from Vivian or innovative or Eric? Because I love their custom tunes and don't want to go back to canned tunes. So are their any shift on the fly tuners that run custom tunes that don't leave a footprint?

Thanks for all your help in advance!


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 02-10-2013, 05:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rocklin, CA (Sacramento Area)
Posts: 826
Thanks: 2
Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Not that I know of.....the shift on the fly thing is lame anyway IMHO .... Find a good power tune and leave it loaded, use your right foot to control shift on the fly. SCT writes to the ECM via obd2 port so it is not shift on the fly capable but that is what gives it the ability to not leave any artifacts behind.

Get the SCT and don't look back
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 02-10-2013, 09:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Louis/ Around Chicago
Posts: 232
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Shift on the fly!

Thanks for your input!


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 02-11-2013, 07:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Louis/ Around Chicago
Posts: 232
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Shift on the fly!

Not so much just to leave a power tune on, I just wanted it so I could switch between a lope tune, smoke tune, tow tune, hot tune.


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 02-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rocklin, CA (Sacramento Area)
Posts: 826
Thanks: 2
Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You are asking the wrong person I think - maybe some else will chime in - I think that a lope and smoke tune are just a bunch of nonsense and they have no place on my truck. I wouldnt bother looking like an idiot smoking everyone out and wasting a bunch of fuel nor would I subject my motor to a lope tune.

I dont mind uploading a tow tune when I need it, the 2 minutes it takes doesnt bother me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 02-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 8,269
Thanks: 69
Thanked 195 Times in 186 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyleu890 View Post
Not so much just to leave a power tune on, I just wanted it so I could switch between a lope tune, NO U Didn't , tow tune, hot tune.


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Shift on the fly is awesome IMHO and if I had a Manual I would think about putting My Edge Juice with attitude back on but custom and shift on the fly I have not seen


PS WE DO NOT SPEAK SMOKE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 02-11-2013, 01:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Louis/ Around Chicago
Posts: 232
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Shift on the fly!

Are the edge canned tunes decent for your engine? I don't know I just don't like paying for custom tunes now when I'm only getting half the tune (especially the part which everyone goes with custom sct- tranny tuning) I'm not getting. So I'm just weighing my options. And I'm not looking for a smoke tune to blow smoke all over prius's.


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 02-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Fairfield CT
Posts: 1,042
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to kendallcschm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyleu890 View Post
Are the edge canned tunes decent for your engine? I don't know I just don't like paying for custom tunes now when I'm only getting half the tune (especially the part which everyone goes with custom sct- tranny tuning) I'm not getting. So I'm just weighing my options. And I'm not looking for a smoke tune to blow smoke all over prius's.


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
shift on the fly isn't going to do anything for you.. neither is a smoke or lope tune.. IMHO you should go for the livewire and custom tunes especially if you have other stuff done to the truck because it will preform better
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 10-21-2013, 12:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Come on, the dude was askin for information and almost every one of your post bot only didnt answer his inital question.
I dont give a rats *** if "u wouldnt subject YOUR engine to a lope tune
And I doubt if he does either, but he wants one.
If you dont know and are just gonna tell him what your AUTOMATIC truck has
And what YOU would do doesnt mean his MANUAL truck will run best that way.
He'll my 06 made 60 more horse on a Quadzilla SOTF box than innovative's anarchy tune
Or any of their custom tunes did. And the quad made NO SMOKE, my SCT pours smoke, almost to the point of being too Much for a daily driver. Can anyone explain that to me since you are all so opinionated?

And further more, What's with the tree huggers on here? "Oh no you didn't"?
I thought we were all here to help each other out and learn not be divas
Especially *****ing about smoke when it's just carbon, it's not hurting ****.
The other 99% of the diesel world likes smoke and the ability to make a diesel pour
Black smoke is a large part of what has helped the aftermarket diesel industry grow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 10-21-2013, 12:39 AM
RollinEarly05...now


 

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Klamath Falls
Posts: 3,321
Thanks: 27
Thanked 23 Times in 22 Posts
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacewebb View Post
Come on, the dude was askin for information and almost every one of your post bot only didnt answer his inital question.
I dont give a rats *** if "u wouldnt subject YOUR engine to a lope tune
And I doubt if he does either, but he wants one.
If you dont know and are just gonna tell him what your AUTOMATIC truck has
And what YOU would do doesnt mean his MANUAL truck will run best that way.
He'll my 06 made 60 more horse on a Quadzilla SOTF box than innovative's anarchy tune
Or any of their custom tunes did. And the quad made NO SMOKE, my SCT pours smoke, almost to the point of being too Much for a daily driver. Can anyone explain that to me since you are all so opinionated?

And further more, What's with the tree huggers on here? "Oh no you didn't"?
I thought we were all here to help each other out and learn not be divas
Especially *****ing about smoke when it's just carbon, it's not hurting ****.
The other 99% of the diesel world likes smoke and the ability to make a diesel pour
Black smoke is a large part of what has helped the aftermarket diesel industry grow.
Wow.... do you feel better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors