Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Mad turbo werks hood

5K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  CumminsKiller115 
#1 ·
Hello, here's some more mad mods i have been up to. Not sure if this is right place to post so it need to move to exterior it ok. The hood is modded to remove heat from under it through the louvers. I started with a 2" reaised cowl hood, got it off Ebay for 326.00 shipped. It's a metal hood, I also bought the louver off ebay for 40.00. I cut the hood and fit the louvers in it, I need to get to a body shop for paint. I will be painting hood white and leave the louvers black. I will update the pictures when I finish.:ford:
Vehicle Car Automotive exterior

Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Hood Trunk

Trunk Automotive exterior Hood Technology Vehicle

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks pretty good.

#9 ·
A cowl will pull outside air.

You'll want the leading edge on the louvers as lipped as possible since you need to create a low pressure area over the louvers to pull air out from the higher pressure area under the hood.

This is a extreme example of the above, but is the clearest way i can show you what i am talking about.

Jason

#10 ·
Any updates?

#11 ·
Looks sweet Adrian. I know I would rock one for sure

#12 ·
Subscribed

#13 ·
Did you get your hood finished? I'd love to see the finished product!

#15 ·
He likes to tease us :hehe: that's his thing :thumb:

#16 ·
I will be taking the hood to get it painted this week, I have falling behind with the the truck crapping a engine and all the other stuff. I will take pictures of it when I get it back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.