fuel pressure guage - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
fuel pressure guage

What is a good fuel pressure guage to buy ?? What are most of yall using
And please don't say glow shift their junk!!! I have a black 7 color guage ill sell cheap sent it back and they tested it and said it was fine. And would not let me return it so they sent it back but I can't get it to. Will only read 8 psi and truck runs fine.. they said it was truck. Could the injectors pull that much fuel? Think not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Premium Member

Well when I have had fuel pump issues in the past and my fuse would blow completely turning the pump off so the injectors were running off no pressure only siphon. And it does run and it runs surprisingly normal actually couldn't tell, its the gauge that saves me. Just TERRIBLE for your injectors but yes it can run fine but it does not "pull" any pressure, gauge at 0 psi. As for gauges I run with all Autometer. I have 6 all together and they have been performing great for years. My fuel pressure is the GS series looks just like the factory in my 03.

Last edited by F350Powerstroker; 02-06-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks truck runs with power. Going to look at autometer. Where is the best place to but?
Old 02-06-2013, 05:16 PM
Premium Member

I always got the part numbers for specific gauges off Autometers website then went to froogle.com typed the number in the search and looked at who sold them at the best prices. My last gauge I got was the HPOP gauge (Awesome to have by the way!) I actually got it online from Autozone with a 20% of code and at the time it was free shipping if you spent x amount of dollars! So just gotta chop around.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'm using auto meter pro comp ultra lites. The fuel press gauge was expensive!
Old 02-07-2013, 09:47 AM
Premium Member

There could be a lot of reasons for the low reading, including a bad fuel pump. It could be a line restriction, mismatch of sender for the gauge, wrong input power, calibration, or wiring set-up. You can easily test your system with air from a compressor. Set it at 50 psi and a few other points. You just needs a blow tool with a rubber orifice to cover the sensors tip for momentary readings. That would tell you if you system is working correctly. Look up 100 psi transducers on eBay. The top seller has sold over 800 of them. They work well; a number of members here have them. You can also buy the gauge if you need a matched set.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.