175/75 injectors Opinions Needed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 07:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
175/75 injectors Opinions Needed

Alright guys, I am currently running Casserly 155/30 injectors and a MTW Hybrid turbo. My truck runs really strong. However, since the recent cold snap, I have noticed some really bad stiction on cold starts. I have ran some TCW3 through a couple tanks and it seems to have helped some but it's still pretty bad. I admit these injectors have been ran with low fuel pressure alot of times so it doesn't really surprise me that I'm having an issue. The whole point of this thread is that I talked with Full Force today about rebuilding and bench flowing my injectors and possibly turning my 155's into 175's while they have them. (Can't ever have too much power, right!?). Bottom line; they can fix my injectors and make them 175/75's for roughly $1100. I couldn't get in touch with Warren to compare prices but I saw on their website they want $1625 for 175/75's. Do you guys think it would be worth it to step on up since I will have the injectors out anyway? How good will they match up with my hybrid? Should I use Full Force again?

Sorry for getting long winded. Thanks for the replies in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 07:59 PM

try warren tomorrow i know he can do better than that and im sure you know how good of quality they are.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:03 PM

I plan on trying to get in touch with Warren again tomorrow before I pull the trigger. When I saw his pricing for making a stock injector into a 175 I just assumed it would be the same price.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:05 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Stiction isn't on the fuel side of the injectors. It's on the oil side. Running fuel additives won't change anything. Try running some 5W-40 synthetic with a dose of Rev-X or Archoil and see if that solves your issues before you drop a grand or more on rebuilt injectors.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:33 PM
Premium Member

^^^^ Yep. And Im running Warren 175/75's with a hybrid not enough air for these injectors. Im thinking about going to a Stage 3.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If you go to 175 injectors keep your 30% nozzles. I see you also have a PHP FICM tuner. Try dropping back to a 40 hp tune or all the way back to stock and see if that doesn't help.

As said stiction happens on the oil side. 5w40 synthetic and some Rev-X or Archoil AR9100 will help if it is a stiction issue.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:43 AM
Lt. Negativity

Honest if you have full force talk to ryan or matt. Round about price idea here, nozzles roughly 450-500 dollars, then he probably gonna modify the fuel n oil plungers so let's see roughly another 200-300 bucks where we at 700-800 dollars roughly give or take, you end up with new internal parts and warranty probably as well and his time n work put into it. Casserly is good folks man delt with him for over 8yrs. Like stated above its your spools valves that are having the issue, I just pull my own clean them n I'm fine.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:26 AM

I've always ran 5w-40 Rotella synthetic in it. I do need to get some Rev-x and try that. I have noticed the fuel mileage isn't what it use to be on the highway either. But I figured that had to do with whatever is making the injectors act up on cold start.

Mitch, what would be the advantage of a 30% nozzle instead of 75%? I haven't tried setting my FICM tuner back to stock yet. Didn't even think about that could have something to do with it.

AllPro, thanks for that advise man! I wanted to hear from someone actually running this combo. I was kind of worried the hybrid wouldn't be enough because it doesn't even clean my 155's up on WOT.

Last edited by Dirty_Stroke; 02-05-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
Try dropping back to a 40 hp tune or all the way back to stock and see if that doesn't help.
Do that first. I think aggressive FICM tunes are not so good for cold starts when you have larger than stock injectors. Especially if you aren't seeing any contribution/balance codes, I would suspect the hot FICM tune is causing the cold running issue. Personally, if you are getting new nozzles and just getting you injectors stroked a little bit, I think everyone's prices will be similar. If you are happy with Casserly, why go someplace else.

And baby steps are for babies! Get some real fuel into that truck

Go 190s or 205s
Old 02-05-2013, 09:22 AM
Premium Member

Get in touch with Jesse before you pull the trigger. I am nearly positive he could do better than that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.