Injector quality/reliability - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 05:30 AM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Injector quality/reliability

I'm seeing a lot of injector threads lately and since I'm probably looking at replacing some this summer (if they hold out that long) I've been doing a lot of reading and following these topics. Now here's the thing... It seems all the aftermarket injectors are south of the border leaving me with Ford as a north of the border option. Being that the dealer prices north of the border are so much higher than dealer prices south of the border (the dealers up here can't get parts for the price Tousley sells for!) I'm looking at aftermarket injectors and since the ORG sucks you into mods I'm starting to think about 155's or 175's.

Now here's where this thread comes in. Everything takes a few weeks to ship from the States to me, at least 2 but easily 4 weeks. I've seen a few guys having some injector issues right out of the box and this will be a huge problem for me. The Ex is my primary vehicle and the only one that fits our family so 2-4 weeks of down time in the summer because an injector had an issue when I put it in is not an attractive option for me....

So here's what I'm looking for and not looking for. I DON'T want "Warren is great!", "Sheldon is better!"' "I'd go with Casserly!", that's not going to help. I DO want your personal experience, "I have had Warren's 155/stock for 9 months and haven't had a problem.". "I have xxxxxxx 175/30 and had an issue with 1 after 2 months.". I know that there will always be a chance of getting a faulty part but I'd like to try to minimize that chance. With my history of luck, or lack there of, I need to do what I can to increase the odds of getting an injector that will work and keep working trouble free right off the bat.

Sent from Canada!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 05:41 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have installed two sets of injectors from Sheldon and talked to two others who have ran his injectors (all ranging in size from 175/75s up) and start up was perfect with no issues and no issues so far. I have about 8k miles on my injectors and they run as good as the day I put them in. Adrian's injectors (200/150s), started up perfectly (after him and I installed them and he's been running them in his truck for over 6 months. Talk with TooMuch03 and Six-Stroker about their injectors and I think you'll hear the same thing. Hope this helps.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:53 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'll play!

My truck had 185/70s from Elite diesel. They had been in there since 2008, in May of 2011, four of them took a pretty big dump and Elite was completely uninterested in repairing them. I was tired of dealing with Elite's subpar customer service at that point, and decided to replace them with a set of 190/75s from Industrial Injection, so that is what I ordered. Those injectors ran good for a little while, but I was always a little disappointed with the amount of power I was making. I thought it should have been more powerful based on what other guys were seeing with similar setups. This past August, they started acting up and of course I was past the end of the 1 year warranty, so I was on my own for getting them fixed. i wanted to up the size anyway to start making some real power so I took the injectors to Sheldon at Renengade Diesel (he is about 3 hours from me) to be stroked to 255cc with 150% nozzles. When i pulled my Industrial injectors, I noticed the number 100 stamped on the nozzles, not 75 like they were supposed to be. How I didn't notice this originally is beyond me. That is embarrassing. Sheldon Flowed the injectors before he worked on them and after. It turns out the injectors from Industrial Injection that were supposed to flow 190cc only flowed 155cc, and Sheldon confirmed this with his internal measurements, apparently, there was no machining done to them just plugged spill ports. Sheldon did his work on them and got them back to me in a timely manner and at a very reasonable price. He has texted me several times since I got them to check up on me and make sure I was happy with them.

So, of the three different injector builders I have worked with, Sheldon's customer service has been by far the best and he is the only one to provide me with flow data on the injectors. I have only had these latest injectors in the truck for about a month, so i can only speculate about the longevity.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:54 AM
Emergency Services

^^^^ that's what I'm looking for! I know Nate and Adrien haven't had any issues with theirs and knew you've had a few issues but didn't know the extent. I've got bits and pieces of info from other places but full stories in one spot will really help. Thanks guys!

Sent from Canada!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

we have had and deal with warren injectors and i have yet to see a set go out! if one does happen to go out he will express ship one to you and then have you send the core back so your not down. been running his injectors in our 6.0 for over 2 years and never missed a beat! also have a customer on here with his injectors William Ace and he loves them as well! got over 30k on jessies and again not a problem out of them. ive heard sheldon is great also but i have no reason to switch from jess as he has always bent backwards for me and others as well!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Ive done countless sets from Jessie Warren and have only had 3 bad that i know of so as far as im conserned there is no reason to move to another make. 155/30s up to 205/100s all good.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:46 AM
Emergency Services

Thanks for the input! So far customer service seems to be the deciding factor. Anyone else have a story to tell?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 02-06-2013, 04:53 AM
Premium Member

I had Jesse convert my set of stock injectors to 175/stock injectors. I had a problem with stiction even with rev-x on cold mornings so I figured I would send them to him while I had the downtime. I started driving my truck a few days ago and love them! They don't miss a beat in the morning. Definitely a noticeable increase in power. Cheaper than the other options. My stock turbo does a decent job cleaning them up on a stock injector tune no smoke unless I really stab it from a stop or when TC is locked. He definitely stands behind his work. I wouldn't have any doubt in my mind that he would warranty his work and then some if you had a problem with them.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have installed shwldont injectors in customer trucks and they have worked flawlessly and he has the best prices
Old 02-07-2013, 05:22 AM
Emergency Services

That's good to hear. Stock turbo, stock tune is where I'm at right now so that's some really relevant info for me. I'm not sure where I'm headed with this yet but this is helping with the research.

There's a lot more guys out there with injectors...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.