Injector choices. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 06:37 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Injector choices.

How do Innovative 155's flow in comparison to Warren Diesels 155's? Anyone tried both or have documentation from a flow bench??? If you logged injector duty & contribution or have dyno sheets of one or the other I'd like to see. I'm looking for facts only... opinions tend to amp everyone up and things start to get elementary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Everybody's 155's are going to be similar given the same size nozzles.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
Everybody's 155's are going to be similar given the same size nozzles.
They "should" if built properly right? I'm not impulsive enough to take the plunge on injectors without solid proof of a reliable injector. I would guess both companies have plenty of documentation to satisfy my questions. I'll be making some calls on Monday.

Off topic....
Not sure if datalogging is as big a deal in the diesel community as it is in the foreign car community. I had an Audi a few years back with an aftermarket supercharger bolted to it's naturally aspirated V6. Spent more time on the Dyno getting tuned and logged than it did on the road. When it was on the road laptop was always sitting shotgun what a PITA!!! Anyways I plan to log the hell out of my truck and post my results.

Last edited by 6speedpowerhouse; 02-02-2013 at 11:17 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:46 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Cass at FF flow's test all his and has a excellent reputation..we carry his Inj's if I can help please PM me.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:01 AM
Premium Member

Ditto for full force injectors !!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:14 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyv13 Send a message via Yahoo to jimmyv13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6speedpowerhouse View Post
Off topic....
Not sure if datalogging is as big a deal in the diesel community as it is in the foreign car community. I had an Audi a few years back with an aftermarket supercharger bolted to it's naturally aspirated V6. Spent more time on the Dyno getting tuned and logged than it did on the road. When it was on the road laptop was always sitting shotgun what a PITA!!! Anyways I plan to log the hell out of my truck and post my results.
I am also from the tuner car realm.....I ran an RX-7 with a Microtech EMS that spent many hours tuning with the laptop sitting shotgun.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyv13 View Post
I am also from the tuner car realm.....I ran an RX-7 with a Microtech EMS that spent many hours tuning with the laptop sitting shotgun.
I had to use VW/Audi interfacing software (VAG-COM) and had to have my ECU chipped in order to edit parameters. German cars are costly--- F*** owning one ever again.

So coming from the tuner car side I'm sure you taken back by how far diesels have come in the last 15-20 years. I had a 1993 6.5 TD mechanically fueled GMC sierra 2500 in high school.... simple and under powered piece of equipment right there.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:32 AM
Premium Member

Jesse Warren also flows all your injectors when you send them to him. Personally I'd save a few bucks and send your injectors to him and either get 155/stock or 175/stock for under $700. He's a great guy to deal with and definitely stands behind his product.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:17 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyv13 Send a message via Yahoo to jimmyv13
I'm pretty sure I've got one injector down, maybe more. It's down on power, surges under acelleration and puffs blue smoke after a long idle and also until it gets up to temp. I need to get it on a computer to see which injectors need replacing...I'm really considering just doing them all once I get in there.

I talked to Jesse a while ago and at that time it was $500 per set...did his prices go up?
Old 02-04-2013, 07:43 AM
Premium Member

Re: Injector choices.

Depends on what you're looking at. I believe he did raise his prices a little bit recently. Give him a call and talk to him. Still worth it in my opinion. I don't recall exactly what I paid for my 175s.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.