Anyone Towing With IPR Remote Oil Cooler? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 05:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone Towing With IPR Remote Oil Cooler?

Look to hear from anyone towing 15-20,000lbs running the remote oil cooler setup. How are the temps, any information would be great to hear.??

Trying to get some feed backfor my upcoming build.

Thanks in advance..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 05:54 PM
Premium Member

I havnt towed with mine yet, but my race car trailer is only about 10,000lbs anyway.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:15 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Nothing against Nick here as he has this kit installed in his truck, but OP if your gonna do a remote oil cooler kit go with BPD as its been proven time and time again and has the data to back it up whereas Vince wouldn't release a single shred of evidence on his kit that proves it maintains OE specs for the oil system. There is about a 28 page thread called which remote oil cooler I suggest you read before making the choice to go with IPR's remote oil cooler it.

Just FYI if Vince would have defended his products and proved or gave some evidence that his kit maintains OE specs than I would recommend it as a semi-alternative to members that are on a strict budget that can't afford a complete fix all solution at the time of their repair/build. But seeing as how he didn't defend his product at all or prove it has been tested thoroughly and proves it works I simply cannot in good conscience recommend it to people as even a temporary band-aid as I have no proof it really works the way he says it does.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:29 PM

Search the site and make an informed decision about your upgrades. Ultimately, the choice is yours. But at least you did your due diligence.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:07 AM
Premium Member

I would have mentioned the bpd vs. ipr stuff. BUT the op asked a question about the ipr kit, and I felt that's all that needed to be answered.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:20 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I understand Nick. Like I said my post was not meant to be a bash against you, IPR or Vince just informing the OP to take a look around and research it before making a decision that's all.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:21 AM
Premium Member

I didn't take it as bashing.

But for all we know the op may have already bought the ipr kit, I try not to assume anything and just answer the question at hand.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
Search the site and make an informed decision about your upgrades. Ultimately, the choice is yours. But at least you did your due diligence.
I did...I've read all 87 pages of one post and many others on here as well. I've spent as many hours as possible researching the web for as much info as I could gather in my spare time (lol, whats left of it, ask my GF and Son) My time is limited due to being an owner operator, hard to run an excavator and loader work all day, repair , maintain both pieces of equipment , office, work and,estimates by myself and raise an 8 yr old. Not many hours left in the day.

As with my heavy equipment I research as much as possible to make the best informed decision.

This upcoming build is brought on by needing some repairs on the 550 which mainly pulls my equipment all over FL. I want to repair and upgrade as much as possible while I am in here. Money is tough to come by these days and I am lucky to be able to do this all at once. I want to make the best decision for my dollar spent!

My normal load is around is any where between 15K-20K which is probably more than most people on here usually pull daily. That was my reasoning for directing the question to actual IPR users that might be pulling weight to get feedback.

I even took the today off to research, and order other parts.. It is nice to B your own boss most of the time..LoL
Old 02-01-2013, 08:59 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
IMO I would either go BPD or flush your system really well and put a factory oil cooler back in. Save your 1500 extra dollars for other upgrades or mods.

Good luck!!
Old 02-01-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcity_gt View Post
I didn't take it as bashing.

But for all we know the op may have already bought the ipr kit, I try not to assume anything and just answer the question at hand.
I don't have an IPR kit yet, again my reasoning for directing my question as I did.

I've read about people running them on their DD trucks riding around town, interstate etc... But hope to hear from someone that tow weight often (more than a dirt bike LoL)

I'd ask around town, but not many people around here mess with their trucks, I mean come on it's Venice FL, average age is 70.. LoL

Thanks for your input, read your info is other posts BTW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.