Ordered Up An SCT - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-27-2013, 07:00 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ordered Up An SCT

Well I finally ordered up a new Programmer for the 6.0. I went with the SCT Livewire TS, time to dtch the Bully Dog PMT. Is anyone else running the Livewire, How do you like it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 01-27-2013, 07:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 266
Thanks: 5
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ordered Up An SCT

Like it so far, canned tunes are pretty strong. I'm running IDP Xtreame Street now. If you are going to use the EGT kit, To display EGT you will need to select analog 7


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 01-28-2013, 02:48 AM
Powerstroke Techie
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sassamansville, Pa
Posts: 9,198
Thanks: 52
Thanked 132 Times in 102 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Ordered Up An SCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by VighJ View Post
Well I finally ordered up a new Programmer for the 6.0. I went with the SCT Livewire TS, time to dtch the Bully Dog PMT. Is anyone else running the Livewire, How do you like it?
FYI- after using a BullyDod product, you may have to have your ECM reflashed back to stock from the dealer. BullyDog leaves in some of its garbage in the stock ECM, this conflicts with the SCT.


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 01-28-2013, 03:26 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilpooh View Post
FYI- after using a BullyDod product, you may have to have your ECM reflashed back to stock from the dealer. BullyDog leaves in some of its garbage in the stock ECM, this conflicts with the SCT.


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Thanks for the heads up, whats a flash generarlly cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Beeler View Post
Like it so far, canned tunes are pretty strong. I'm running IDP Xtreame Street now. If you are going to use the EGT kit, To display EGT you will need to select analog 7


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I noticed in another thread you were asking what the canned tune HP levels were, did you ever find out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 01-28-2013, 03:54 AM
Powerstroke Techie
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sassamansville, Pa
Posts: 9,198
Thanks: 52
Thanked 132 Times in 102 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Ordered Up An SCT

Dealer will charge between $100-$150.

Canned tune HP level.

TSX 8900
LiveWire 9600
SF3 3015
Performance (150 HP & 248 lb-ft TQ)
Street (105 HP & 130 lb-ft TQ)
Towing (65 HP & 75 lb-ft TQ)
Towing (50 HP & 55 lb-ft TQ)
Trans Only


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 01-28-2013, 06:47 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Those are pretty dam good numbers for canned...

Thanks Lilpooh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 01-28-2013, 07:14 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any of You guys/girls heard of a shop called MPT "MorePowerTuning"?

I bought my SCT off amazon and the seller MPT included 3 custom Tunes on top of what SCT offers as canned tunes.

The 3 Tunes are labeled as follows

1. Bazooka: is all out performance, hold on tight. Faster Turbo Spool, More boost, Good Times.

2. SmokeBomb: will roll some coal but is not nearly as fast as the bazooka, its more show than go.

3. PerfEcon: performance and economy Hybrid. Drive easy and get great mileage, mash it and go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 01-28-2013, 07:17 PM
Powerstroke Techie
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sassamansville, Pa
Posts: 9,198
Thanks: 52
Thanked 132 Times in 102 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Ordered Up An SCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by VighJ View Post
Any of You guys/girls heard of a shop called MPT "MorePowerTuning"?

I bought my SCT off amazon and the seller MPT included 3 custom Tunes on top of what SCT offers as canned tunes.

The 3 Tunes are labeled as follows

1. Bazooka: is all out performance, hold on tight. Faster Turbo Spool, More boost, Good Times.

2. SmokeBomb: will roll some coal but is not nearly as fast as the bazooka, its more show than go.

3. PerfEcon: performance and economy Hybrid. Drive easy and get great mileage, mash it and go.
Reviews have came back as "OK" tunes, but not as good as the big tune writers.

list of tunes and where to get them?


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 01-28-2013, 07:22 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Perfect, thanks for the link!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 02-07-2013, 05:08 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Big Brown Van made a drop at my house today...

Updated it, installed it and drove it. Driving like a grandpa while the tranny etc are in relearn but I'm quite pleased with the canned tunes compared to what the Bully Dog PMT was offering. I look forward to the custom tunes though, should hopefully have them by Monday or Tuesday.

The layout is fairly simple to use, need a bit more time to play with it though.

Any of you guys notice if your screen lightly flickers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors