2006 F250 gets MTW stage 1 and bulletproofing by Bernhausen - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 09:30 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2006 F250 gets MTW stage 1 and bulletproofing by Bernhausen

Thanks to this board for providing me with a lot of help, now I have something to share (only my 2nd post).

I have been waiting for several months to get this work done, so now that I have it back, I'm a happy guy. The truck had about 195 Km on it when I got it in spring 2012, now its up to 219. It has worn stock injectors, but no codes, smoke, or startup/driveability problems yet. I will have to run them for a bit more due to lack of funds.

The truck had no serious issues (pretty good EOT / ECT delta), but not knowing its service history, I wanted to get a new oil and EGR cooler in there and studs. While it was apart, the guys at Bernhausen did the HP oil system upgrades, and new turbo oil lines also as part of their package. They installed the MTW stage 1 for me and a BP Diesel EGR cooler unit (no extra cost) and threw in a couple of other small items to help fit my hurting budget. They started it a couple of days late, but had it all done in about 3 days (even worked late to finish it up for me :>o) !! Thanks a lot guys!!

I picked up the truck a few days ago, and took it for a highway run. Noticed it had way more throttle response in low to mid range, and needed much less pedal pressure to get it moving from a stop. My Edge CTS has always said about 16 mpg average on highway, and between 14 to 18 in town (depending on how I drive it). After the work, it was reading 19-22 mpg on highway! I have not yet hand calculated, but it is probably in that range due to the reduced pedal pressure needed to keep it moving. It only has about 200 km on it so far.

I noticed no surging, but I just read about that tonight, and will try to get it into the 12-16 boost range with locked TQ soon to see if I can notice anything. I don't expect to have surge, but may be worth a check. This is not a "tweaked" Stage 1 either, so I think it's a "Durastroke" (I ordered it in summer 2012).

I only have the SCT canned mid-HP tune with EGR valve commanded closed (still installed and plugged in). No custom tunes yet. The truck has a home built coolant filter system, CAT EC-1, BPD water pump, 4" turbo back exhaust with muffler and cat, and CTS monitor, no lift, 285/70R18 BFG a/t tires.

I love the new throttle response, but it's pretty easy to get it sliding (wet roads here) compared to the dog it was before! Hope the fuel economy is as good as indicated so far. i will post more after I get some more drive time into it.

Thanks Adrian, I love this turbo! Also, thanks for taking the time to talk with me when I have called you.

Thanks to members of this board for helping to make this place great.

Keith out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 06:51 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If it is a durastroke it will look like this. Well maybe a little prettier, I haven't cleaned up the outside of the housing.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.