Gone for Awhile Now Everything is Changing - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 10:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gone for Awhile Now Everything is Changing

I haven't been on the forums to much over the past several months from being busy with school. But now it seems like all the fun is coming to an end. I spent some time in the 6.7 section, just being curious, and came across the thread talking about the new regulations the EPA has put in place on performance tuners and emission delete kits. As I was reading the posts, I was glad to have the older 6.0L but still pissed for any trucks I might purchase in the future. However, I checked some of the websites for performance parts and their not even offering EGR delete kits for the 6.0L anymore. I also didn't see any DPF or EGR delete kits for the 6.4L.

Is our country really heading down this road? Everyday I hear all over the news about new restrictions laws and regulations and now this. DAMNIT!! this sucks but I guess all these performance mods were to good to last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 04:58 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I guess it is just more incentive for us to squeeze more CLEAN power out of these 6.0s. You can still make power with the EGR in place. In my case, The state of Wisconsin does not require diesel vehicles made before Jan 1, 2007 to be emissions tested at all because they were not built with DPFs so as long as we are not oraling coal all over the place, the cops will leave us alone, and for all they know the truck is still stock.

i agree though it really sucks that the EPA can't understand that an unrestricted engine is more fuel efficient and cleaner than one with hundreds of pounds of emissions equipment bolted on.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuch03 View Post
I guess it is just more incentive for us to squeeze more CLEAN power out of these 6.0s. You can still make power with the EGR in place. In my case, The state of Wisconsin does not require diesel vehicles made before Jan 1, 2007 to be emissions tested at all because they were not built with DPFs so as long as we are not oraling coal all over the place, the cops will leave us alone, and for all they know the truck is still stock.

i agree though it really sucks that the EPA can't understand that an unrestricted engine is more fuel efficient and cleaner than one with hundreds of pounds of emissions equipment bolted on.

You are a kinky son of a gun Adam.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Maybe voters can do a little more research in the future. I feel your pain and admit EPA restrictions are a real threat in the future. I won't get rid of my 6.0 probably ever, keep the truck for hunting rig or whatever. In ten years or so when I buy a new truck, they will already make unbelievable power if they keep improving as they have over the last ten years.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:43 AM

Re: Gone for Awhile Now Everything is Changing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo126 View Post
I haven't been on the forums to much over the past several months from being busy with school. But now it seems like all the fun is coming to an end. I spent some time in the 6.7 section, just being curious, and came across the thread talking about the new regulations the EPA has put in place on performance tuners and emission delete kits. As I was reading the posts, I was glad to have the older 6.0L but still pissed for any trucks I might purchase in the future. However, I checked some of the websites for performance parts and their not even offering EGR delete kits for the 6.0L anymore. I also didn't see any DPF or EGR delete kits for the 6.4L.

Is our country really heading down this road? Everyday I hear all over the news about new restrictions laws and regulations and now this. DAMNIT!! this sucks but I guess all these performance mods were to good to last.
Many have seen this coming since 6.0l mods started to evolve in 06-07. It really sucks for the 6.4, 6.7 owners mainly. Cops cant tell if a 6.0 owner has altered emission equipment by looking at our tailpipe.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:02 AM

Just glad I got my egr delete RIGHT before this went into affect...
Old 01-26-2013, 11:21 AM

Delete kits will always be available. These companies will just have to mark them as "off-road" or "race" use only.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:38 PM
I Like Shiny Things :)

The sad thing about that is that even "off road" and "race use only" companies, or companies that sell them as such are still being targeted. Pick up March's copy of Diesel World magazine and there's a whole article on page 8 about how the EPA came through the SEMA show this year delivering "cease and desist" letters. They've found out to go after the big fish, if they stop the products at the source and go after maybe a couple hundred companies, then they don't have to spend the time/money into inspecting all of our personal vehicles.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Premium Member

Don't fool yourself. I can see (in the not to distant future) a country where we will only be able to buy a delete on the black market. The U.S. government is WAAAYYYYY outta hand.

Welcome to your "nanny state".

k
Old 01-28-2013, 08:31 PM

@ nighthawk285's comment about the big fish vs personal vehicles... you are correct in that observation, but I believe there is a more important reason for their strategy... it has to do with jurisdiction. Any commercial enterprise (i.e. Edelbrock or other corporation and it's business activity) has no natural, private, or inherent rights. It is licensed by the state(s) and therefore is subject to every regulation enacted in the jurisdictions where it conducts its business. No so for the private user (although, motor vehicle use is a regulated form of individual activity, and can be somewhat regulated also, but less so than a typical commercial activity).

The least regulated (or regulat-able activity) is that of private contract, which can only be carried on between private individuals (not by corporate persons, nor in the context of a commercial / business activity). The state has very little legislative authority over private contracts, so that is where the individual has the most liberty / freedom.

The more regulation they enact, the more it may (I hope) motivate private individuals to go it on their own to invent, create, and otherwise do what America historically has done so well... to innovate and build quality (hopefully in a non-commercial manner; as in, not seeking to make a "profit", but rather for an individual intending to exercise their natural right to work and earn a decent living). Some of the members here are doing a bit of this, like the CCV plug maker!

If this sounds interesting, I learned quite a bit of this from George Gordon (he has a law school in MO and has had a good number of court victories in his years). Down with the EPA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.