CFM + VS. BANKS - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2007, 06:33 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to onebigbad6.0
CFM + VS. BANKS

Hello i have been trying to research and find out what intake manifold system i should buy. Im debating on whether to get the CFM + bigmouth system with hoses and pipes or Banks righ ram system. They both run about the same price. Banks is around $370.00 and CFM + is around $400.00 and has a carbon fiber appearence (looks cool!). This is for a 2003 f250 6.0 with a sct chip, intake and exhaust. But what i truely care about is which system performs betters and is worth while. Any answers or oppinions would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2007, 06:48 AM
Bring On The Snow

Send a message via AIM to SuperDutyPSD6L
With the 6.0 you really dont need to change the intake until you are outting out 500 RWHP. But if you are set on doing it the banks is a big NO NO. I would take a look at the AFE Stage 2. That is what most guys run and will get u the most bang for your buck.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I think hes talking about the elbow after the intercooler. I think that is one part of the Banks system that I would spend the money for. My
Old 11-18-2007, 07:30 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to onebigbad6.0
Yes i already am using a AFE stage II system, Im talking about an intake elbow and hose that run into the intercooler.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebigbad6.0 View Post
Yes i already am using a AFE stage II system, Im talking about an intake elbow and hose that run into the intercooler.
its a bunch of hype and isnt even worth 2 HP on a dyno....ive seen it with my own eyes The only thing the intake elbows are nice for is easy mounting of boost lines and drug nozzles...
Old 11-18-2007, 08:11 AM
Banned

+1 on what Marc said... to make him feel good. haha but honestly- I just got the CFM+ bigmouth kit for my rig, it's a sweet piece! The piping to the intercooler will replace the plastic CAC tube I have now so that was one plus for me and secondly, more air is more air. It may be 2hp more on the dyno, but breathing is always a plus and I'm also running water/meth (2 injectors) and a boost line, which all 3 are tapped and ready to go. I'm installing in a few minutes... i'll post pics!
Old 11-18-2007, 08:42 AM
Banned

I don't buy into "easy hp" hype very easily. I think the benefit of the intake elbow goes a little farther than 2 hp on the dyno. In the real world a better elbow will help reduce EGT. They are also better for water injection or nitrous. It's not something that I am ready to pony up for, but if you have done everything else already, it's not a bad investment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.