THE AVERAGE JOE BUILD:: not just anyother build - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 227 Old 01-18-2013, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
THE AVERAGE JOE BUILD:: not just anyother build

Ok members, It Adrian from Mad turbo werks. I have been thinking of another project(like I need one). My truck build is going ok, and is on time so far. I was thinking about buying a race only truck a 1948 ford full tube chassis, but as I thought more about it and a lot of question I get from the average Joe, what injectors? how much does it cost to build 500 rwhp? I want a strong truck but not spend alot.

I have decided to build average Joe's truck MTW style. Talked it over with the big boss( wife ) and got the ok nod. I'm selling my everyday car, and will be buying a 6.0 powerstroke truck. I will be looking for a crew cab, 04-07 with at least 150,000 miles on the truck. Why so high mileage, because that's average, and the truck will be worn in, much like the trucks out there.

So here's the plan find a truck, and pay the least amount for it, but be in good running shape. Then I will began to modify the truck, and take a lot of pictures. I will be doing all the work myself, and putting so MAD mods along the way. Injectors will remain stock until I hit the wall on the dyno. I will try to get the most out of stock injectors first then move on as the build get more involved. I will putting cost up as I go and tell you where I got the parts from.

I basically want a real world build, for the least amount of money. One more thing I will also be putting other turbos into the mix for comparison, and have dyno numbers. Yes I will put the powermax, non vgt turbos up against the MTW turbos. I will be giving real world results on same dyno, no tricks just plain straight shooting on the results.

All tests will be done on same truck, but results may vary from other truck, might get more power might get less power, it's just a way to get a lot of answers, help out the avarage 6.0 powerstroke owner.

So lets have some fun, I will also be explaining the reasons of why I will be doing certain things and not on the truck. By the time I'm done everone should have a recipe for a build to copy if they chose to.

2004 F250 Ext.cab fabtech 5.5" lift,and traction bars 35" on 18".2005-2007 grill and LED headlights,58v FICM, Warren dual HPOP system, fuel reg. return system, areo 1000a fuel pump, dual fuel filters, ARP studded heads, CCV reroute, EGR delete, 225/75 Warren injectors, water/meth injection (cooling mist),SCT tuner with customs, banks intercooler. MTW stage 4 turbo, built trans by Andy Warren, 4:10 Detroit lockers.
post #2 of 227 Old 01-18-2013, 11:53 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
This should get interesting, Adrian. Like i said yesterday, I think it will be very good to see what parts work together to get to a certain power level. I think it will benefit a lot of the guys who are new to the 6.0 and want to build a 450, or 500, or 550 hp truck with the truck they have. Plus, I would like to see some back to back comparisons between different turbos and different injectors.

2003 F250 6.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
Compounds FTW!!!
post #3 of 227 Old 01-18-2013, 12:23 PM
My 6OH Hates Me

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
sounds like a fun project Adrian

Mike

"The Iron Pig"

post #4 of 227 Old 01-18-2013, 12:26 PM
Serving Our Country!

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Can't wait to see the results of this!
post #5 of 227 Old 01-18-2013, 02:36 PM

This is going to be awesome. I'll be keeping watch on this too. The turbo comparisons might surprise some folks.

05 F250 FX4 Lariat, SCT Livewire, 155cc injectors, Gryphon FICM tuner, ARP studs, MTW Stage 2 Turbo, Riff Raff boots, Warren Built trans, PMF traction bars ,4 inch straight pipe, Sinister EGR delete, S&B CAI, N-fab bars, level kit, 5% limo tint, 35 Toyos and 20s, Recon smoked everything, Harley headlights, 5k HID's, Camlocker toolbox, lots more
post #6 of 227 Old 01-18-2013, 02:40 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This is right down my alley.. only diff is i already have injectors.. im just about to pull the trigger on a new turbo as well... Adrian shoot away and sell me a good setup! thanks for all the info you provide

Late 04 f350 lariat.

bpd
marty's regulated return
205/75 injects from holder's
WPE stage 3 ported intake
64.5 borg warner fmw ,compounds in the works now! Comp turbo set up
Warren comp trans
all the typical mods

Big thanks to Dale! The man is a true professional
post #7 of 227 Old 01-18-2013, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
post #8 of 227 Old 01-18-2013, 02:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Build

Great sounding project! maybe grab a 05 being that they seem to be the problem child.

2005 F250 4x4 ECSB.
Stage 2, SCT X3, ARP , 4" turbo back Magnaflow duals, No limit CAC, S&B CAI, EGR delete, Dieselsite coolant filter, Nuc engine oil bypass filter, Dfuser fuel cross over, GoGo direct solenoid, Autometer gauges, 2.5" leveling, 35`s, Bilstein 5100, Rear air bag, 7.5` Arctic poly plow
post #9 of 227 Old 01-18-2013, 04:00 PM
Premium Member

Are you going to buy an 05??? what combo af sensors???

Aaron 2005 f250 552/1040 45k miles
S&B. 4" mbrp, Arp's, Dual oil bypass. CCV fltr, Clnt fltr Mag trans pan 08 diff cover. 4.10's, 315's MotoMetal 951 & 5" lift.TGC trac bar, Bislstien Shocks & Dual stear stabilizer. B&W . Air Rides. Snows MPG Max. Edge Insight, fuel sens. DC Eng.185 alt. 58v ficm 6.4 Juger pump Fass sump
NO more mtw turbo
AJB Custom R.R.
AJB Custom y pipe
AJB P&P Intake
PHP Gryphon
Banks IC
BARDER Stg2
Warrens 175/30
P.I. T.C & input.
Flight Fab. Track bars
post #10 of 227 Old 01-18-2013, 04:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I wish you were closer I would volunteer my truck to test on. It's just not high enough miles though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode