THE AVERAGE JOE BUILD:: not just anyother build - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 11:11 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
THE AVERAGE JOE BUILD:: not just anyother build

Ok members, It Adrian from Mad turbo werks. I have been thinking of another project(like I need one). My truck build is going ok, and is on time so far. I was thinking about buying a race only truck a 1948 ford full tube chassis, but as I thought more about it and a lot of question I get from the average Joe, what injectors? how much does it cost to build 500 rwhp? I want a strong truck but not spend alot.

I have decided to build average Joe's truck MTW style. Talked it over with the big boss( wife ) and got the ok nod. I'm selling my everyday car, and will be buying a 6.0 powerstroke truck. I will be looking for a crew cab, 04-07 with at least 150,000 miles on the truck. Why so high mileage, because that's average, and the truck will be worn in, much like the trucks out there.

So here's the plan find a truck, and pay the least amount for it, but be in good running shape. Then I will began to modify the truck, and take a lot of pictures. I will be doing all the work myself, and putting so MAD mods along the way. Injectors will remain stock until I hit the wall on the dyno. I will try to get the most out of stock injectors first then move on as the build get more involved. I will putting cost up as I go and tell you where I got the parts from.

I basically want a real world build, for the least amount of money. One more thing I will also be putting other turbos into the mix for comparison, and have dyno numbers. Yes I will put the powermax, non vgt turbos up against the MTW turbos. I will be giving real world results on same dyno, no tricks just plain straight shooting on the results.

All tests will be done on same truck, but results may vary from other truck, might get more power might get less power, it's just a way to get a lot of answers, help out the avarage 6.0 powerstroke owner.

So lets have some fun, I will also be explaining the reasons of why I will be doing certain things and not on the truck. By the time I'm done everone should have a recipe for a build to copy if they chose to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 11:53 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
This should get interesting, Adrian. Like i said yesterday, I think it will be very good to see what parts work together to get to a certain power level. I think it will benefit a lot of the guys who are new to the 6.0 and want to build a 450, or 500, or 550 hp truck with the truck they have. Plus, I would like to see some back to back comparisons between different turbos and different injectors.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:23 PM
My 6OH Hates Me

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
sounds like a fun project Adrian
Old 01-18-2013, 12:26 PM
Serving Our Country!

Can't wait to see the results of this!
Old 01-18-2013, 02:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

This is going to be awesome. I'll be keeping watch on this too. The turbo comparisons might surprise some folks.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:40 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This is right down my alley.. only diff is i already have injectors.. im just about to pull the trigger on a new turbo as well... Adrian shoot away and sell me a good setup! thanks for all the info you provide
Old 01-18-2013, 02:41 PM

This will be good
Old 01-18-2013, 02:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Build

Great sounding project! maybe grab a 05 being that they seem to be the problem child.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:00 PM
Premium Member

Are you going to buy an 05??? what combo af sensors???
Old 01-18-2013, 04:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I wish you were closer I would volunteer my truck to test on. It's just not high enough miles though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.