Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Cleaning gogo solenoid ?

889 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  DoubleDpsd 
#1 ·
Hey guys I got a gogo solenoid I want to clean. I was having issues long ago and took the solenoid out before the tow/haul started flashing so I dont think the fluid was 'too' contaminated there was just some delay in r and d. It never slip banged with the gogo solenoid installed. I replaced it with the oe solenoid and the fluid didn't smell burnt then after a few miles with the oe one in the tow/haul went off along with some slip banging into gear.

How can I go about cleaning this solenoid before I put it in my new trans? I was thinking of dipping it in a cup with gas. Or spray it with some wd40? Yes I tried contacting Doug. Thanks for any help or ideas guys.

Sent from my phone

#2 ·
Doug got back to me.

"The solenoid can be blown out with compressed air while actuating the spool. Remove plastic tip. Remove allen screw. And then work the spool while blasting it. It's really simple. Then put the screw back in flush and the cap on it."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.