hypermax mach 7 and sct trans tuning - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 07:35 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hypermax mach 7 and sct trans tuning

i just picked up a brand new in the box hypermax mach 7 plug in module for 150 off craigslist so i couldn't pass it up and i know everyone says go with sct i have a sct with probably 30 different tunes and i got to say this hypermax is pretty nice. i used my unlimited tow file from matt @ gearhead for my trans tuning and threw the hypermax in and its awesome. my trans shifts nice and firm no goofy shifts at all even when going from level 1 to 7

it honestly at the seat of my pants feel is just as fast as my xtreme street, srl+ and my looney accept i can change the power on the fly!! in the few days i have been trying it i would say that my mpg have also gotten better then any of my sct tunes.

dont get me wrong tho the sct has so much more capability when it comes to the actual tuning but for a shift on the fly box im very impressed. so for the guys out there that want shift on the fly power you can spend the extra money and get a plug in style (chip) i guess and a sct for the trans tuning and it works pretty damn good.

im gonna run this setup for the rest of winter here because i hate having a hot tune in when it snows and having to detune the truck all the time gets annoying but as soon as spring rolls around im putting my srl+ back on.

long story short i would recommend this type of set up to someone who really wants shift on the fly power with out destroying there trans or truck. its very clean linear power with the hypermax BUT DO NOT RUN IT WITH OUT A TRANS TUNE!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 09:42 AM

Very interesting. I've heard people with Edge programmers getting more mileage than when they switched to SCT also. Obviously the SCT custom tuned had more power, but its cool that the canned tunes are able to get such good mileage. Maybe some of the tune writers need to find out how they are doing it.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:50 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
good to hear. Read a post from bill on psn that he can do a trans only tune for guys running the sotf edge juice. Sounds good.

Sent from my phone
Old 01-14-2013, 10:18 AM

yea im very happy with it thus far, and i know for a fact it will destroy a truck whit an edge because id say it would stay right next to any of my older non studed race tunes i have. and i feel very safe doing so i am going to order a different trans tune because my unlimited tow tune im using is obviously more for towing so i want some more street like shift points. but i give the setup a thumbs up
Old 01-14-2013, 12:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

glad your happy with it
Old 01-14-2013, 10:54 PM
Premium Member

Well I've been asking about this and researching it for a while now only I want to use my h&s mini max for tuning the ECM and use the sct for trans tuning , but some people said it wouldn't work , if it works with the hyper max it should work with h&s ? Any thoughts
Old 01-15-2013, 04:54 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
in regards to a cummins i had, the edge was an interception device, it never reprogrammed anything, you could stack with just about anything, if the sct trans tune dosnt lock the ecm then you couls use a down loader, and it should write any trans tune.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0 stroke View Post
i just picked up a brand new in the box hypermax mach 7 plug in module for 150 off craigslist so i couldn't pass it up and i know everyone says go with sct i have a sct with probably 30 different tunes and i got to say this hypermax is pretty nice. i used my unlimited tow file from matt @ gearhead for my trans tuning and threw the hypermax in and its awesome. my trans shifts nice and firm no goofy shifts at all even when going from level 1 to 7

it honestly at the seat of my pants feel is just as fast as my xtreme street, srl+ and my looney accept i can change the power on the fly!! in the few days i have been trying it i would say that my mpg have also gotten better then any of my sct tunes.

dont get me wrong tho the sct has so much more capability when it comes to the actual tuning but for a shift on the fly box im very impressed. so for the guys out there that want shift on the fly power you can spend the extra money and get a plug in style (chip) i guess and a sct for the trans tuning and it works pretty damn good.

im gonna run this setup for the rest of winter here because i hate having a hot tune in when it snows and having to detune the truck all the time gets annoying but as soon as spring rolls around im putting my srl+ back on.

long story short i would recommend this type of set up to someone who really wants shift on the fly power with out destroying there trans or truck. its very clean linear power with the hypermax BUT DO NOT RUN IT WITH OUT A TRANS TUNE!!!
I don't have an SCT Tuner, can I go to a performance shop to get the trans tune put in?
Old 10-18-2013, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadly329 View Post
I don't have an SCT Tuner, can I go to a performance shop to get the trans tune put in?
From what I've gathered no you can't. I would just bit the bullet and get the sct.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.