Finally Made the Splurge - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2007, 05:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Finally Made the Splurge

Well I got the upgraded injectors(spartan techs. stage 1 towing injectors), headstuds, fluidampner, and fuel regulated return system and I must say the ole girl sure does move now. First time I really have done this much performance mods on a truck and I have to say the truck is so much more fun to drive and all the looks on people's faces when a DRW scoots like she does right off the light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2007, 05:13 PM

congrats man!, you should fill in your sig so we know what kind of rig your driving. post up all your mods too that way we can see what your workin with.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:24 PM

Well I updated my siggy, hopefully it will show up even though I only have 15 posts(16 now after this post). I noticed your future turbo is BPD D66 turbo, Bean is about a 50 min drive from me and he is the one that did all my mods except gauges that you see in my siggy.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:30 PM

Wow, nice setup. I bet she does haul!
Old 11-10-2007, 05:36 PM

I have an '07 F-350 King Ranch DRW. How much did the head stud job cost you? I want to do some mods but am scared to do so without head studs.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:37 PM

double post

Last edited by tabraha; 11-10-2007 at 05:38 PM. Reason: double posted
Old 11-10-2007, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyredneck1 View Post
I have an '07 F-350 King Ranch DRW. How much did the head stud job cost you? I want to do some mods but am scared to do so without head studs.

The total job was round 1800-1900, the headstuds themselves were only 500, so obviously the biggest part of the job was the labor. I was only charged the headstud labor though because I had the other stuff put in at the same time and alot of the labor for the studs makes it easier to do the other mods. My suggestion would be do all that you can at one time when you do the studs and hopefully, they will only charge you the labor for the studs and your just paying cost on the other stuff. Atleast that is how Bean did it for me over at BDP. And be prepared to have it in there for about 4 days. I would also have them take it to a machine shop and machine the heads if it's warped while you do it(I had to have that done as well), because if they are warped despite the heads being studded you'll still puke.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabraha View Post
Wow, nice setup. I bet she does haul!

Oh it's wonderful, I'm going to try to take it to Smyrna and see what she puts down.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:50 PM

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that you didn't take the truck to a Ford dealer, you took it to a speed shop. Also, did you have a definite failure before your head stud job? You mentioned that your heads were warped. Was this just from normal use? Please forgive me if I ask any silly questions about these 6.0s because I owned an F-350 with a 7.3 for ten years and it was bullet-proof.
How much did you get charged to have the body taken off to access the heads or did your mechanic do it some other way?
I plan on putting a Banks Power Pack kit on my truck eventually but don't want to worry about blowing head gaskets.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyredneck1 View Post
Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that you didn't take the truck to a Ford dealer, you took it to a speed shop. Also, did you have a definite failure before your head stud job? You mentioned that your heads were warped. Was this just from normal use? Please forgive me if I ask any silly questions about these 6.0s because I owned an F-350 with a 7.3 for ten years and it was bullet-proof.
How much did you get charged to have the body taken off to access the heads or did your mechanic do it some other way?
I plan on putting a Banks Power Pack kit on my truck eventually but don't want to worry about blowing head gaskets.
Cab did come off and that is considered in the charge of the labor for the headstuds. My heads were in bad shape, they had to machine about .003 i believe off of the pass. side heads, I can't remember what they had to do with the other side. In all honesty I would go with something that you can custom tune as you can get a lot of different tunes that fit different applications and it's going to be better to make sure everything is compensated for even if you don't do the bigger modifications and some of the off the shelf stuff doesn't do it. I can speak from experiance as I came from having the Bully Dog setup before the SCT(rather or not that tuner caused my head problems I don't know, it could have been that way from the factory, but I wouldn't rule it out). Just from my own experiance get something custom for the programming and if you decide to upgrade later you have that option(none of the Bans programming products allows for bigger modifications that I'm aware of, that might have changed but I doubt it).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.