IPR Full Flow Coolant filter and EGR delete review - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
IPR Full Flow Coolant filter and EGR delete review

Just finished putting studs, new oil cooler, EGR delete, IDP long y-pipe, blue spring, 6.4 banjos, and some other little items in my brother in laws new to him 2005 CCSB.

IPR coolant filter-

-nicely machined pieces
-flimsy bracket for filter housing
-cheapest of the cheap hose clamps supplied
-very minimal length of heater hose supplied, dont make a mistake
-hose clamps under turbo, feeding from oil cooler, are dangerously close to rubbing both the FICM & Engine harness. I wrapped them in slit rubber hoses for protection
-adding this protection made putting the turbo oil feed line back in place difficult
- no instructions at all, not even a crappy photocopy of pics

Overall I would score it 6 out of 10, before seeing how it performs.

IPR EGR Delete (no idea what version, too many to keep up with)-

-again, nicely machined parts
-no o-ring supplied for intake coolant passage to delete tube- WTF? reused the old one
-no hose supplied for oil cooler to egr delete tube- WTF? did the job in my shop, luckily I have 20 different kinds of hoses on the shelf for marine engines
-no hose clamps supplied
-no EGR valve block off plate- this bothered me the most, why wouldnt you have this in an EGR DELETE KIT?!
-no gasket for the EGR to intake block off (where EGR cooler used to bolt on), seriously? you cant even throw in a cheap aftermarket gasket? i used black hi temp RTV

Overall score 5 out of 10. If any parts fail at any point, my score would drop to a 2 (only because of the machine work bling).

Needless to say I am not that impressed by his products. The only reason we got his EGR delete was because XDP and numerous other suppliers were on back order, and I was in a bit of a time crunch. His price on the kit was more than everyone else also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Serving Our Country!

These are the types of reviews we want to see. Have you discussed this with them at all? Sorry you had to go through that but thanks for the thorough review.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:40 PM

if you get in touch with them keep us posted
Old 01-12-2013, 07:45 AM
Premium Member

I'm not sure what your motives are here, but I would like to reply to your coolant filter "review".

Yes machine work is nice

The bracket is twice as thick as the flimsy fender it's bolted to, the bracket is more than strong enough.

Did you expect t-bolt clamps?, mine came with nice thick clamps

I have the oil cooler as well so I can't comment on hose length because mine is a different setup

There is not a single wire anywhere NEAR the manifold

Nice clear detailed instructions are available via PDF, all you had to do is ask, they would have been emailed to you.

I don't have a ipr egr delete, so I can't comment on that review.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:13 AM

Maybe Im just being nit-picky.

I am used to the marine industry standard hose clamps.
Stainless, smooth edges that dont cut into the hose, and a substantial screw/clamp.

My only problem with the bracket for the housing is that after its mounted, you can tap on the housing and watch the bracket flex. Yes the fender is thinner, but the fender is fully boxed, and is not hanging sideways with no support.

Maybe you have your harness' routed differently, but both my truck and my brother in laws (both 2005) have their Engine Main & FICM harness' routed under the turbo outlets.

Maybe it was too much to ask for a photocopy of the directions in the box? Yes, Vince answered the phone when my brother in law called, but it took three separate calls over an hour to get to him. Wasted both peoples time.

This review was in no way trying to butcher IPR.
I am just stating facts.
I think for the price charged for the EGR delete, it was no where near complete.

I think the overall idea behind the coolant filter is great. I am actually considering changing over from my Diesel Site filter to this one. I will change out the hoses/clamps, and probably weld a gusset onto the bracket.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:20 AM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcity_gt View Post
I'm not sure what your motives are here, but I would like to reply to your coolant filter "review".

I'm not certain there are any "motives" here. The fact of the matter this individual is disappointed with a product he received. It just so happens this company is in question about some other items so there isn't any motive there. He's provided a clear and concise reveiw.

Nice clear detailed instructions are available via PDF, all you had to do is ask, they would have been emailed to you.

I'm sorry but I have to call BS on this. There is no reason what so ever that any customer should have to ask for installation instructions....ever!!
You're a smart dude but I disagree with this completely.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:21 AM
Premium Member

I know the flex you're talking about, mine does it too. But trust me it isn't the bracket it's the inner fender moving.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:28 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadcoastie View Post
You're a smart dude but I disagree with this completely.
Maybe there wasn't any motive, if not I apologize, just with what has been going on lately and the way it read it seem a lil atack'ish.

Personaly I think the instructions should either be atached to the emailed invoice or linked on the site. Yes ipr could improve on that.

It's just all we ever read is the ipr coolant filter and gen2 delete are the best on the market, to see such a negative review of what we all know to be the best available threw me for a loop.

/rant
Old 01-12-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcity_gt View Post
Maybe there wasn't any motive, if not I apologize, just with what has been going on lately and the way it read it seem a lil atack'ish.

No motives. I just call it like I see it. Yes he makes a nice product, but I think a little more effort to help finish off each kit would be great.

Personaly I think the instructions should either be atached to the emailed invoice or linked on the site. Yes ipr could improve on that.

It's just all we ever read is the ipr coolant filter and gen2 delete are the best on the market, to see such a negative review of what we all know to be the best available threw me for a loop.

The coolant filter is very nice. The main theory behind the piece is on point. Just a couple things need to be changed to make it a great kit. Not just a great filter with some other parts that are lacking.

/rant

Just to be clear, this is the EGR delete I installed.

Exactly what you see in the pics is what you get.
No seals, no hoses, no clamps, nothing.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:44 AM
Premium Member

Ok, that's not the gen2.
I think you can buy those kits with as many parts to fit your needs valve block off up pipe ect.

As far as o rings and clamps I would think you may have got a kit missing the hardware pakage I'm not sure.

I'm gettin the boy his 18 month shots now. I'll get you a pic of what I did about the floppy fender when I get home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.