Bully Dog PMT Controller - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2007, 08:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bully Dog PMT Controller

I have used the Bully Dog Triple Dog on a couple of vehicles and loved it.

I know the Outlook monitor gets luke warm reviews, but this thing looks much better.

As a monitor goes, it looks pretty decent. Obviously I would prefer one of the custom tunes for the sct, but I know this thing provides tunes as well.

Anybody use the PMT Controller from Bully Dog?
What's the word on it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2007, 09:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

What truck?
Old 11-08-2007, 01:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I was considering using it on an 05 Excursion. 'I just wanted to hear feedback on the monitoring aspects of this unit.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Honestly, the PMT is the coolest thing I have sitting on the shelf right now. This thing does just about everything. Looks great, compact but not too small. I really like it. I have actually be contemplating this system for my new truck. Bullydog makes some very hot tunes for the Dodge I just bought.

The extreme tunes from Bullydog on a 6.0L will not perform like a custom SCT from Innovative Diesel, but you would be impressed by the Bullydog. Over stock you will notice a huge increase. 99% of the tuners we sell for the 6.0 is a custom SCT from Innovative Diesel, but if your not looking for the biggest HP numbers, but you are looking for some of the features the PMT offers...I'd say go for it.

Discount Power Parts

If you have more questions ask away. If you want to speak to someone feel free to call us or one of the other supporting vendors.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks.

I am wanting to go with the most power, so I guess I'll have to skip the Bully Dog. I had it on my 06 F250 and I liked it alot. I have it on my 06 Duramax and I love it. But on the Excursion, I want to put the best stuff I can find. I just thought there might be a way to use it for monitoring without the BD tune. Looks like SCT for me.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm also considering the PMT; as much for its monitoring as tuning. How often do you think they'll update the PMT features for download? I've had other tuners in my race cars that were "internet upgradeable" and never saw an upgrade, ever. All I really want for tunes are: 1) towing, 2) max mpg, 3) flashback to stock. And when they say "all in one downloader", what does that mean from bully dog?

Otherwise, I could just buy the hypertech and switch between tune and stock.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

They typically update these things when a new model or engine comes out...but that's about it.

I would take a bully dog over a hypertech every time!

As far as an "all in one downloader," I've got to think they mean it offers multiple tunes and ample monitoring information in one box that can be updated.

Once you use a tune, you will never go back to stock unless you take it in for service.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorespeedr View Post
As far as an "all in one downloader," I've got to think they mean it offers multiple tunes and ample monitoring information in one box that can be updated.

Once you use a tune, you will never go back to stock unless you take it in for service.
I'm hoping "all in one downloader" meant I could download everything monitored to my laptop and analyze it over time.

As for going back to stock, I have 4 years left on an aftermarket warranty from the dealership. They aren't too mod friendly, so flashing back to stock would be required.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.