It's about time! As many of you know, I have been wanting to take my truck to the next level for quite some time. I thought it would be earlier, but had problems with my built tranny that drained my Build funds. As it turns out, that was for the best because, while I was saving up more cash this summer, I did lots and lots more research and spoke with some people who have lots of 6.0 knowledge. I doubt many of you have been waiting with bated breathe for me to start my build but I sure am excited, and hopefully some of you may learn something new throughout my build. And, I am always open to suggestions and input on what to do or how to do something.
Obviously, the best place to start will be at the beginning. Here is how my truck sits now. It is an 03 F250 Lariat 4x4, weighing in at about 7400lbs with me in the driver's seat and a little over 1/4 a tank.
- Scangauge II and 4 gauge pillar too keep an eye on things
- ARP Headstuds, installed by previous owner
- EGR Delete
- Updated Turbo feed and return
- Regulated return fuel system with FASS lift pump
- FICM rebuilt by Ed at FICMRepair
- Bulletproof Diesel Oil Cooler with Cold weather package
- Transmission build by Automatic Transmission design using Elite Billet input shaft, intermediate shaft, overdrive planetary, and low/reverse hub. Custom one-off billet triple disk torque converter by automatic transmission design. Fully rebuilt New Process Transfer Case
- One piece 5" billet drive shaft
- Detroit Tru-Trac in rear
Perforamnce Mods, the Good Stuff:
- AFE Intake
- 5" Flo~Pro turbo Back Exhaust w/ 6" MBRP Tip
- Elite Ported and Polished heads
- Elite Stage 1 Cam
- Banks Intercooler
- Industrial Injection 190cc Injectors, which apparently only flow 155cc currently. I was told they had 75% nozzles and never bothered to look, turns out they had 100% nozzles (have been having spool valve issues for a while now)
- Garrett GT3788VA aka Powermax
- Atlas 80 FICM Tune
- SCT SF3 running tunes from Matt and Eric
With the above mods, the truck has consistently run 13.1s in the 1/4 at just under 101 mph, making it about 520 rwhp.
Here is picture of the truck, wheels and tires are on the list after the build is done
Now that you know the history, lets get into the build. Step one, more fuel:
I pulled the injectors out, hopped in the old Escort, and drove them up to Renegade Diesel to have Sheldon work his magic on them. My copilot, lazy hound dog:
Now they flow a little more than before, about 100cc more. That is right, Now I will be installing 255/150 conventional injectors! I will post up pics of the install when I get it done, and maybe a video of the Powermax trying desperately to clean up the sticks before I tear into it some more. If you are wondering why I would even drive it with that much fuel and so little turbo, I want to make sure everything is working in the injection system before I go further. I will keep it on the stock tuning til the build is done to avoid destroying anything.
Soon to come will be more HPO and more Air, lots more air!!!