Bought a SCT Xcalibrator - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bought a SCT Xcalibrator

Hey guy's, I haven't been on here for a while. I just bought a 2003 6.0 I just put a sinister coolant filter on, did a complete coolant flush and i am getting ready to put a egr delete kit on, plus the truck has aftermarket exhaust. I just bought a SCT Xcalibrator programmer for this truck but the truck it came off of is a 2005 and he had custom tunes put on it. The guy did return the programmer to stock so it is unlocked. I just have a quick question, Will this programmer work on my or do I have to send it in to get custom tunes put back on it for my trucks computer number or vin number? plus I do not have the arp studs in yet, so will it hurt to run this tuner for a while until I get the studs if I take it easy on the pedal? Thanks guy's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The tunes that are on that SCT will NOT work on your truck. No need to send the SCT anywhere, just contact one of the tune writers with your PCM strategy, list of mods, and SCT serial number. After you buy your tunes, they will send them to you in a email attachment. Save the tunes to your PC.

Now you will need to download the Liveload Downloader off of SCT website. After you have the SCT software onto your PC, then your ready to connect the SCT device to your PC and transfer a copy of the custom tunes to the SCT device.

Here is a list of tune writers.

list of tunes and where to get them?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilpooh View Post
The tunes that are on that SCT will NOT work on your truck. No need to send the SCT anywhere, just contact one of the tune writers with your PCM strategy, list of mods, and SCT serial number. After you buy your tunes, they will send them to you in a email attachment. Save the tunes to your PC.

Now you will need to download the Liveload Downloader off of SCT website. After you have the SCT software onto your PC, then your ready to connect the SCT device to your PC and transfer a copy of the custom tunes to the SCT device.

Here is a list of tune writers.

list of tunes and where to get them?

Dang. Always on top of things and faster than me
Old 01-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Your 20 minutes too slow!!! HA!

Old 01-08-2013, 08:51 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbin9191 View Post
Hey guy's, I haven't been on here for a while. I just bought a 2003 6.0 I do not have the arp studs in yet, so will it hurt to run this tuner for a while until I get the studs if I take it easy on the pedal? Thanks guy's
After the usual "bark bark woof woof" of coolant and oil temp checks have been made to verify the condition of your oil cooler (it really SUCKS to do an EGR cooler delete then have to go back in to change the oil cooler!), program it for anything that is recommended for a non-studded truck. As you can see, I have an SRL tune on my non-studded 2003 and it works pretty good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.