SCT and Warrenty what are your storys - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SCT and Warrenty what are your storys

So its me again with more questions I'm wondering what kind of trouble I'll get into with ford service with the SCT I just would like to hear some of your stories to finalize my decision and then I will let it rest and buy the sct and stop pestering you guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Jon

It goes like this

it depends on your dealer. Some dealers will void for big tires and others will do warrenty work on a truck with sticks, turbo, chip, lift, tires, water meth, nitrous and a dancing hula girl. It all depends on the dealer.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:02 PM

dancing hula girl too
Old 11-04-2007, 07:03 PM
one day at a time

Honestly it depends on the dealership/tech. Some places are so anti-mod they look for any excuse to void you, and others are more mod friendly. I personally think the SCT is the safest tuner for a 6.0, but if you abuse it you may very well still have issues. Whether or not your local dealer will still take care of you is a crap shoot. I wouldn't bet the farm they would, but you never know... Its something you have to be prepared for when you start modding. I myself weighed the pro's and con's and if you look at my sig, you'll see what I decided. The old addage still applies, if you want to play, you'd better be willing to pay.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:59 PM

Just remember the golden rule... Keep your mouth shut. And if that doesn't work, lie. LOL

Keep the evidence you've done something down to a minimum, and if you have to bring it in, remove it if you can.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:08 AM

Good Morning,

I would like to make a suggestion. Take the truck to your dealer for something (could be an oil change, something you'd like to get checked out or make something up). Ask to speak with the tech. Ask him questions. Start with what maintenance he suggests, being he's an expert. Butter him up and feel him out. When all is said and done, if he seems positive, pass him a $20. If he seems negative, go to another dealer and start over.

It is true that some will do anything to keep their customers happy while others will look for excuses to not do the work. DJ thinks it's cause they don't know what they are doing and want to get out of doing it but there could be any number of reasons.

Good Luck!
Thanks,
Vivian
Old 11-05-2007, 05:09 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Jon failed to mention that he REQUIRES a dancing hula girl in order to work on some trucks...

I like Vivian's recommendation and its like the others have said, it depends on the dealer. First one I went to got bent because of my 4" aftermarket exhaust, second one noted I had a minor exhaust leak from the downpipe to the cat on the same truck, except this time I also had aftermarket rims/tires (33's vs stock 31's), gauges, intake elbow...
Old 11-05-2007, 05:30 AM
Click Click.......BOOOOM!

I had one dealer get bent cause of my mods and another one just looked passed them and actually found the problem!!
Old 11-05-2007, 06:42 AM
Premium Member

Unless I am crazy there is no way they can tell you had a programer installed once you return the PCM back to stock and driver teh truck a few days? am I crazy?
Old 11-06-2007, 02:21 PM

There is a way to tell but I really don't know of any other tech than DJ that knows how to do it. This is not something that is taught, by Ford, in tech school but a diligent search by a determined individual, with the proper tools.

But that is not the problem cause it would be very difficult and costly for Ford to prove it anyway. The problem is that some techs, for no apparent reason, pick on your exhaust or gauges as a way to get out of doing the work. If you find a tech/dealership like that, your best bet is to walk away and go elsewhere. Arguing will get you no where and could cause further problems.

Basically, test your tech. If he doesn't pass the test, go to a tech that will. If nothing else, you may even convert the dealership with the issue when they see they are losing business.

Thanks,
Vivian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.