elite diesel stage 3 fuel system - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
elite diesel stage 3 fuel system

i'm in the market for an aftermarket fuel system for my 2003 6.0 to really wake it up i pretty much did all the other performance stuff including injectors turbo and so and so on now to upgrade the fuel system i was wondering if there was any one running this fuel system https://www.elitedieselengineering.c...n-Fuel-System/ my main concern is that i want to drive my truck on the street and don't want a fuel system that isn't going to be street able and lastly will this hurt fuel economy i don't want to be wasting fuel either any info would be helpful thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 01:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

For less money ill build you a better system
Old 01-04-2013, 01:21 PM
one day at a time

First off I'd need to know what injector/turbo combination you're running, or planning on running to decide how much fuel you need to deliver. Unless you went crazy with that, you don't need that much fuel system.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

river city diesel 90hp injectors powermax turbo but i had the heads decked and my compression went way up and need more fuel delivery any suggestions i plan on going with bigger injectors eventually
Old 01-05-2013, 06:30 AM
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03powerjoker View Post
river city diesel 90hp injectors powermax turbo but i had the heads decked and my compression went way up and need more fuel delivery any suggestions i plan on going with bigger injectors eventually
Considering you can't mill the heads more then a few thousandths, like no more then .007-.008" without potential clearance issues I don't think you raised your compression a significant amount. You can't shave .100" off a set of 6.0 heads like you could a SBC 350 and get away with it.

90hp injectors are pretty minor as far as what you need for a fuel system. I'm not too familiar with everything RCD offers for injector options these days, but you should be able to adequately supply up to a set of 190-200cc injectors with a fairly basic fuel system. I run an Airdog 150 pusher to the stock HFCM, and an ITP regulated return system under the hood. It's plenty for an average size injector. I've got about $1200 plus labor in to it. There are other options on the market that could get you by for less money then that. Lots of different ways to skin that particular cat. I would suggest searching out some fuel system threads, there are plenty. Ask questions and take your time. You'll find what's best for you.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

check out the fuel system in my signature it will feed any injector you could want
Old 01-05-2013, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
That Elite fuel system is a complete rip off. There are a hundred ways to build a nice fuel system that are way less expensive. Fuelab Prodigy 41402 high pressure pump, a couple of filters, FPR, and some line and fittings. It's pretty easy to build a decent fuel system.

On the other hand an Airdog 150 feeding the stock pump is more than capable of feeding the stuff you are running. Any bigger injectors and you are going to need a bigger turbo too.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thanks every one for the help by the way. I want to build a fuel system or buy one that completely eliminates the stock pump and all the factory junk just don't like the way it is now as far as the heads go they had been milled to the max not my choice but its what had to be done to make my head flat again im all for building my own but i gotta start getting a list of what all i need
Old 01-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
A water seperator, fuel lab pump, and filter plus a y at the heads will do fine. I will give you one hint, get hose or tubing rated for 100 psi or better, it is kinda pricey but better than blowing a hose a long way from home.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i want do the 90s ON THE FRONT AND BACK OF THE HEADS I WAS WONDERING IF ANY ONE KNEW WHERE TO GET THEM AND WHAT SIZE LINE SHOULD I USE I WANT TO USE AN AIR DO AND MAKE MY OWN RETURN AND SUPPLY TO THE HEADS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.