Frame mounted Amsoil by-pass oil filter - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Frame mounted Amsoil by-pass oil filter

Anyone have information on this set up? How well it works, what materials or additional materials are required, where to buy them? Pictures would be GREAT!

Is there a thread on how to make these work with the BPD oil cooler? I would like to make provisions for that installation should I ever need another oil cooler.

Thanks!

k
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 04:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

subscribed
Old 12-30-2012, 04:27 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Yes you can make them work with the BPD Remote Oil Cooler, however I would just OPT for the BPD bypass oil filter kit. I am working closely with Ken from BPD to try to retrofit the BPD bypass kit to be able to use a Amsoil EaBP100 series bypass filter with their kit. I don't know much about the Amsoil bypass kit other than you can make it work with the BPD oil cooler kit and it is WAY more expensive when it's al said and done than the BPD bypass kit, BUT it does use the BEST bypass filter on the market. This is the reason I am trying to retrofit the BPD bypass kit to run that filter.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:51 AM

subscribed
Old 12-31-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
Yes you can make them work with the BPD Remote Oil Cooler, however I would just OPT for the BPD bypass oil filter kit. I am working closely with Ken from BPD to try to retrofit the BPD bypass kit to be able to use a Amsoil EaBP100 series bypass filter with their kit. I don't know much about the Amsoil bypass kit other than you can make it work with the BPD oil cooler kit and it is WAY more expensive when it's al said and done than the BPD bypass kit, BUT it does use the BEST bypass filter on the market. This is the reason I am trying to retrofit the BPD bypass kit to run that filter.
My situation is that I have an OEM replacement oil cooler that is less than a year old. I just didn't have the shucks for the BPD. So I'm looking for a frame mounted by-pass solution that I can adapt to a BPD oil cooler should I have another OC failure. Does BPD sell a by-pass kit that can be installed like the Amsoil unit? I found one on the BPD site but I can't tell if you can frame mount it and if it can be used without their oil cooler. If not, then I guess I need a frame mounted solution that I may have to change out in the future.

k

Last edited by kcoyner; 12-31-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:20 PM

subscribed as well
Old 12-31-2012, 01:50 PM

O.K. After some research on BPD site I found the by-pass system, instructions AND PICS! It's all there!

Thanks!

Now we just need Tuscany to keep us up to speed on what happens with the Amsoil filter. The only other thing I can think of is that if you go from stock to the BPD oil cooler, will mods and additional materials be needed?

k
Old 12-31-2012, 02:38 PM

Ya thanks alot Tuscany! I was all set to buy the BPD filter now you guys gonna go church it up....now I gotta wait and get the new improved kick azz version!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 03:58 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Yes BPD sells a complete stand alone bypass oil filter kit. If you already have their oil cooler than you don't need to get the billet oil filter cap and long oil supply hose, you only need the basic bypass which is one long oil return line, filter plate, fittings, oil fill tube and billet cap with 90* swivel, filter, rock guard and mounting bracket with hardware. There are two options when purchasing one for if you own a BPD oil cooler and one for if you don't.

I did make some progress today on retrofitting the BPD kit to run the amsoil EaBP100
bypass filter.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:21 PM

O.k. we get the picture! Wanna share what exactly that is? I know it's an adapter, but did you make it? Buy it? What are the sizes?

k
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.