BPD bypass filter system- - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 05:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
BPD bypass filter system-

Wonder who has a BPD oil bypass filter system on their truck and how do you like it?
In the real world,how many more miles cold I possibly expect to get out of my oil (T5 10w30) with this type of set up? I know this is a difficult question just askin opinons. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 06:13 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
How often are you changing it now?? It will more than likely extend your oil change interval but the amount that it does extend it should really only be determined/confirmed through oil analysis.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:31 PM

Ive yet to actully run more than say 2000 miles on a oil change yet. (Ive had the truck for 7 months, get 5 free oil changes at dealer,have used 2, then installed BPD oil cooler and put Rottella 15-40 in, and today changed over to T5. So 4 oil changes in 5000 miles!!) But this is the first oil change I plan on keeping. Just tryin to see what kinda pay back time I might be looking at with the bypass set up
Old 12-27-2012, 07:18 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I got ya. Sounds good man. I'm sure some folks who run them will chime in.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:19 PM

Subscribed
Old 12-27-2012, 09:36 PM
Serving Our Country!

Well buddy, if you give it a few, I'm installing the BPD bypass in my current build along with their cooler and I'm utilizing T6 5W-40 synthetic as it's my understanding these 6.0's love 5W-40 synthetic so when in Rome....Anyways, my build isn't complete yet but I will keep you updated on my results. I think Nate is onto something with the oil analysis. We could put all the bypasses in the world with even the lowest micron rating filters but analyzing results are going to be the go/no-go on extended oil services. Any particular reason you went with the 10W-30?

I'm gonna stick around with this one as I'd like to see others' results and will also post mine as I go. I think for grins, I'll probably do my first oil change from the build at 2,500 miles, just to do it and then bump them back up to 5,000 miles.

I'm curious what others have to say as well. Have you contacted BPD about this? They are full of excellent information.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:47 PM

subscribed, I don't have enough miles yet to add any useful information.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:54 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I have the BPD oil bypass filter kit and plan on hopefully getting it along with all my other BPD goodies installed here shortly. However I have came up with a way to retrofit my bypass filter kit to allow me to run the Amsoil EaBP100 series bypass filters that filter to 2 microns absolute at 98.77% efficiency and remove up to 39% of soot from the oil as well. Now I plan on using this setup along with oil analysis, BUT I plan on seeing just how far I can push the oil life in my truck. Also if I have to upgrade oil from Rotella T6 to a better full synthetic such as Amsoil's full synthetic to gain better results than I will do that as well just to see what kind of oil change intervals are possible with a solid bypass oil filter kit.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:34 AM

That's the setup I have (BPD with Amsoil bypass). Have not run it long enough yet to add any info though.

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
I have the BPD oil bypass filter kit and plan on hopefully getting it along with all my other BPD goodies installed here shortly. However I have came up with a way to retrofit my bypass filter kit to allow me to run the Amsoil EaBP100 series bypass filters that filter to 2 microns absolute at 98.77% efficiency and remove up to 39% of soot from the oil as well. Now I plan on using this setup along with oil analysis, BUT I plan on seeing just how far I can push the oil life in my truck. Also if I have to upgrade oil from Rotella T6 to a better full synthetic such as Amsoil's full synthetic to gain better results than I will do that as well just to see what kind of oil change intervals are possible with a solid bypass oil filter kit.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4realestate View Post
That's the setup I have (BPD with Amsoil bypass). Have not run it long enough yet to add any info though.

Joe
Thatís what I was going to try to install (BPD oil cooler with the Amsoil oil by-pass kit) did you have any problems I sure be aware of? My brother is running a Amsoil oil by-pass kit with Amsoil 5-40 and did his first oil change with 45000 miles on the oil due to he didnít feel conferrable even though lab test results were within margins and was told to run oil for another 7500mile ,and now he has 38000miles on this oil change and still going.

TX-4-NRA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.